Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

'Spring' Pump Controller

SPCleaning

Mine failed yesterday. Switched it on, it switched off. I tried a number of times but as soon as I picked up the pole it would switch off.

I went to Veritech and got a new one fitted. This is the third controller in three years. I thought they would last longer.

Mine failed yesterday. Switched it on, it switched off. I tried a number of times but as soon as I picked up the pole it would switch off.
I went to Veritech and got a new one fitted. This is the third controller in three years. I thought they would last longer.
Sounds dodgy mate. I've had a Varitech digital controller in my van for 7 years now. Seems there's something wrong in your set-up?

hate them binned all my variteech ones and gone over to ones from a guy I know , no cal, no battery saveing rubbish none of it just swich on and turn up too 99 and away we go back to basics never looked back

same here i got annoyed with having to have perfect battery connections or the cal set right so built my own analog controllers and sell them on too for the guys who struggle to make them or dont have time!,i make two types one with just batt voltage and one that has flow display, i love using the little flow display controller myself!

View attachment 6009

View attachment 6008

Sounds dodgy mate. I've had a Varitech digital controller in my van for 7 years now. Seems there's something wrong in your set-up?
Maybe you are right. I just don't know what it could be and the engineer at Varitech could not find a cause either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you are right. I just don't know what it could be and the engineer at Varitech could find a cause either.
In all due respects to the engineer, he most likely won't have a clue about the internal electronics of a Spring Controller.

At least Spring will able to identify which part of the controller has failed and be able to give a possible/probable cause, ie reversed polarity, moisture ingress or component failure.

Cool. How much?
hi pal ive only got two of the grey controllers with the voltage displays in left for £30 inc postage, i wont be making those anymore those as ive decided to stick with the black controllers with flow display they also will be £30 inc postage but im waiting for parts as ive just sold my last ten of those!!!

at 30 pounds each you can afford to bin them after a years use without moaning ! good price that I payed a bit more then that off a guy in teeside but I was happy with them that's all that counts , I will be keeping you in mind when I fit the cherry pick out with its tanks

Exactly pal I've used them over a year but I know what your saying for the price, it's no secret people can make them for less but they either don't have the time or know how so I'm just putting a little on for my time and effort!

I'd sell them for £25 collected lol but need to add postage.

Back