Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just had a go on my mates patio

Neil

Wasn't that satisfying as I couldn't get the black spots out on some of the patio, how would you lot tackle this one? I just used a turbo nozzle on this, would this Come up better with chemicals? It was my mates patio by the way he's just moved in and ripping the patio up to put turf down so I thought a good little starter one for me
52ff7a7c0e68e37c752afd0d192384d0.jpg
fc42f95fdd2db0bea43a54be25ff39b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you apply hypo? I thought that chemical can damage loads of stuff

Pump sprayer, just spray it on, leave for a bit, then pressure wash off, you probably wouldn't need a very strong mix

Can you use hypo on most driveways and patios is there any surface I shouldn't use it on ? Would it cause damage to the patio etc?

I enjoyed it something different just need to know if there chems I could use to get it to look better

Hypo is fine on all hard surfaces Neil :thumbsup:

I rarely use any Chems, but hypo does help with that black lichen,

How big is the area? It could be bigger than it looks in photo

Neil as jake said applying hypo will defiantly remove black lichens but also aid in the cleaning

I've noticed you've blown the mortar from the joints which is why on a patio or slabs that are pointed I use hypo and then carefully don't go over the joints

I do inspect the condition of pointing etc before hand

I always tell the customer the area may need sorting and then I use jeofix

Going to use mine for the first time Thursday. Do you guys hold the trigger in when you start the engine to release pressure. Also, do you turn water on before or after you start the engine?

Try pulling the cord to start and holding the trigger on [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji33][emoji33]

Water on? Are you running from a tank

If your machine doesn't have a easy start feature then yes you will need to press the trigger same applies every time you start the machine because you won't be able to pull the cord lol

Neil as jake said applying hypo will defiantly remove black lichens but also aid in the cleaningI've noticed you've blown the mortar from the joints which is why on a patio or slabs that are pointed I use hypo and then carefully don't go over the joints

I do inspect the condition of pointing etc before hand

I always tell the customer the area may need sorting and then I use jeofix
Yep I new they would come out mate and so did my mate he didn't care as its all being ripped up and turfed up soon [emoji106]

Yeah I work round the mortar, but sometimes you'll catch a little bit here and there :eek::mad:

I always hold the trigger in when starting Steve, much mich easier to start

As Evie said, are you running from a tap?

So mix hypo with water in a pump sprayer and cover the whole driveway patio Or just the bad parts? Is there a link to this stuff as I can't find it ? [emoji851]

Yep I new they would come out mate and so did my mate he didn't care as its all being ripped up and turfed up soon [emoji106]

That's the trouble with high pressure and joints that's why I spray neat hypo on them don't need touch Um then but the geofix will sort any blown joints Neil

Yeah I work round the mortar, but sometimes you'll catch a little bit here and there :eek::mad:
I always hold the trigger in when starting Steve, much mich easier to start
Have you got a push button start?

Back