Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wanting to switch back...

Sam Winter

Hmmmm... sounds expensive!
Hi all

My first post on here, lets see how this goes!

I have a customer who has horrible sticky leaded glass, almost impossible to do traditionally without leaving smears. Changed her over to the wfp which brings the windows up brilliantly, and I get the job done in half the time!

However... found out from somebody else that "she's not too keen on this new system and wants to go back to traditional"

Really frustrating!! Anybody else had similar experiences? How did you deal with it?

Thanks guys!

I was thinking about something similar earlier today. I would just tell her that you no longer offer traditional window cleaning and you've moved all your work over to wfp. It's in her hands then. She can either stick with you or you can replace her.

I would walk away, I am done with the days of thinking 'Oh god, got to deal with Mrs Moany McCow today' If it is not a customer I am happy to deal with I just wont do it.

I want my work day to be as pleasant as possible and to enjoy my job so the misery guts and pains in the a$$es get dropped right away. Quality of working day is most important to me. As the lads say, dump her.

Go on wfp ! :thumbsup:If we step back every time a customer is sceptic ,we might as well sell our gear and join the unemployment line , step up and show her , worst case , she slips away like boarcity said . Maybe she sticks around /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks guys! Will stick with wfp and if she doesn't like it, she can lump it and go find another windy who will probably do it with the wfp as well!

ask her this

is the job ok ?

is it living any marks ect ect

if she says it all ok and its great but just likes the old way then hit her with this right away

do you like living here ?

she will say yes

do you see yourself living here a long time ?

she will say yes 10 years

then say well if I fall off the ladder up there (point to window above the door) and I kill myself and leave loads of blood and brains on your front door for you to remember everytime to step out of the house , how long do you think you would last here until you have to move to a new house to get this site on of your mind , then at your new house you will only have a window cleaner that uses the pole because you wont want the same thing to happen again , lets save all the time and my life

said this too 6 custmers in the past never lost one

ask her this
is the job ok ?

if she says it all ok and its great but just likes the old way then hit her with this right away

she will say yes

then say well if I fall off the ladder up there (point to window above the door) and I kill myself and leave loads of blood and brains on your front door for you to remember everytime to step out of the house , how long do you think you would last here until you have to move to a new house to get this site on of your mind , then at your new house you will only have a window cleaner that uses the pole because you wont want the same thing to happen again , lets save all the time and my life

Probly because you scared them to death!!!!

I always remember the quote attributed to Ford car inventor Henry Ford:

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."

You are the professional and in your expert opinion, these windows in particular clean better with the wfp. I tend to find the ones that will cancel, do it right away. I haven't found anyone cancelling and going back to a traditional window cleaner after say six months.

You hear from neighbours here and there that so and so doesn't like the wfp. But very few customers actually seek out another window cleaner or don't have the guts to cancel to your face. Let's face it, it's an awkward conversation.

I wouldn't bother bringing up with them what you've heard. It's just gossip after all. Keep doing it your way until you hear any diferent from the customer.

It's time to sack her things have moved on I traded for 20 years and would never go back you can't get smears with pure water, soap residue NEVER gets removed so in sunlight there will ALWAYS be smears, REPALCE her!

I picked up 3 houses in a road in the summer because they wanted wfp they viewed it as being more professional after they had a tradder who was 'bouncing' a ladder.

Welcome to the forum. As others have said wait and see if she says anything, if she does explain you now only do wfp if you lose her then replace with a better customer.

I picked up 3 houses in a road in the summer because they wanted wfp they viewed it as being more professional after they had a tradder who was 'bouncing' a ladder.
Icant be arsed with people like that just get rid and move on imo

It's time to sack her things have moved on I traded for 20 years and would never go back you can't get smears with pure water, soap residue NEVER gets removed so in sunlight there will ALWAYS be smears, REPALCE her!
Totally agree..not worth hearing her moan on and on.

ask her this
is the job ok ?

she will say yes

I wouldn't drop her, just carrying using the wfp till she says she wants her windows cleaned the traditional way.

If she say anything just say i ve had too many near miss falling off the ladder and I don't want to risk my safety anymore just for a few quid.

I hate it when they moan to someone else ...

Tell her politely if there is any issues please speak to me about it ( not me ! You )

Then tell her to ******** ha joking

Back