Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Xmas eve...?

Damo

A friend of mine has now put some doubts in my head.

I was working 8.30 -3.30. Normal ish day.

He's now saying. "Yeah id love to see my cleaner on Xmas eve"

But surely the clue is in the name. It's Xmas eve. Not Xmas day eve lol

I was talking to my Mrs about this last night. She doesn't want me working Christmas Eve (I hadn't planned to anyway) because we normally spend the day at home with the kids watching Christmas films, cooking and getting into the Christmas mood.

In my opinion, and it might not be a popular one, working Christmas Eve looks a bit desperate (I feel bad saying that but I can't think of a better word) and I wouldn't want a window cleaner, gardener, etc turning up on Christmas Eve.

Just my opinion though, it is a working day after all.

I reckon it's fine working Christmas Eve. Everywhere is super busy so it doesn't feel like you're interrupting a holiday or anything. Customers are usually in a good mood too.

Decided to pre text customers. Giving them the chance to opt out and "skip" a clean.

Not bothered £ just want round to be as uptodate as possible /emoticons/smile.png

I text everyone anyway to unlock gates etc

I will be doing a few jobs xmas eve to keep on track

Christmas starts xmas day

Most companies work xmas eve so what is different with us??

Last edited by a moderator:
I always do my shops Xmas eve I think it's better to get booking in larger jobs done as they're usually the ones hosting Xmas and will be thankful for it. Not to mention anyone that doesn't tip on Xmas eve has to be a right squeaky bum! Lol

If the weather holds I 'should' get my window cleaning done on Monday, I've then got 2x conny roofs and 5 gutter clears to fit in. I could be working Xmas Eve I think just to mop up the odd gutter clear.

Always do a half day on xmas eve, well till about 1pm,

Never had any probs, everyone's in a good mood! (Generally)

I work Xmas eve doing my pubs and restaurants it's a good pay day

Always get loads of tips Xmas eve as well coz everyone good mood

I will stop on Monday/Tuesday.. I've got a couple of shops to do in between Xmas and new year. And then back on it when everyone starts up in the New Year.. Let the mild weather continue into 2016..

Will stop on the 23rd with windows and just do any one offs if i get any over crimbo. Time to chill out and go fishing/biking, make some plans for new year etc...Then its full steam ahead form Jan 4th

Doesnt seem right turning up unanounced over crimbo to clean windows when most people are enjoying a week off

I'll use next week to tie up a few loose ends & a few jobs that are due so hopefully if the weather stays ok should be done by Wednesday

Last 2 years i worked christmas eve and had a blast. Everyone in a good mood. I am off to Dorest tomorrow to meet relatives and drive back to Notts but if the weather gods are with me i only need work friday and saturday morning then i can take take off till 2nd Jan.

Back