Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

LEAVE EM

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Picked up a customer in the summer lives across the road from me single mum but works, said her ladder man wasn't doing half the windows? I did her a favour by saying I'd do them for £12 every 8 weeks. I texted her today saying I'll be over tomorrow and can she leave the gate open? She text back saying 'Hi Ricky, can you leave them til January as they're not that bad. So what I'm going to do is not contact her until she phones me when they are filthy then charge her £25.:laugh:

Had one yesterday do the same, it was the fifth phone call I had made in a month trying to do this job, each time the excuse is 'were in and out', I asked them if I could call round tomorrow as the husband was supposed to be in so I phoned last night to confirm, the wife answered the phone I said 'high it's Rick the window cleaner what time can I call round tomorrow?' She shouted over to her husband ' Ian, the window cleaners on the phone do you want them done tomorrow or do you want to leave it till the new year'? Husband shouts back 'leave em till the new year'. 5 wasted phone calls SACKED!!!:laugh:

At the time we all say sack them.but we should shut up and do them next year.money ?
The first example I gave can have them done again if she contacts me and pays the premium. The second one has no chance I spend a lot of time every night texting and phoning planning the round they had already skipped a month, but this was the fifth phone call I had made to do this job whilst trying to fit it in with my round, if I want money I'll get it off another customer who will replace them.:devil:

It depend if you got enough work or not, if u have then dont bother, I had a few ringing up 6 month later asking if I could come do their windows, I just let them find someone else.

Picked up a customer in the summer lives across the road from me single mum but works, said her ladder man wasn't doing half the windows? I did her a favour by saying I'd do them for £12 every 8 weeks. I texted her today saying I'll be over tomorrow and can she leave the gate open? She text back saying 'Hi Ricky, can you leave them til January as they're not that bad. So what I'm going to do is not contact her until she phones me when they are filthy then charge her £25.:laugh:Lol they are not that bad because they are being cleaned regular, why would you want to have filthy windows and then get them cleaned?:rolleyes::whistle:
Had one yesterday do the same, it was the fifth phone call I had made in a month trying to do this job, each time the excuse is 'were in and out', I asked them if I could call round tomorrow as the husband was supposed to be in so I phoned last night to confirm, the wife answered the phone I said 'high it's Rick the window cleaner what time can I call round tomorrow?' She shouted over to her husband ' Ian, the window cleaners on the phone do you want them done tomorrow or do you want to leave it till the new year'? Husband shouts back 'leave em till the new year'. 5 wasted phone calls SACKED!!!:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
It depend if you got enough work or not, if u have then dont bother, I had a few ringing up 6 month later asking if I could come do their windows, I just let them find someone else.
That's bang on @davewindowcleaner. Once you are packed with 6 weeks of work, its time to get fussy. No "oh skip it til next time" or "do the insides" or "leave them its drizzling" or west ham fans :thumbsup:

I agree. 5 phone calls & no contact. I find that f@@k@@g ignorant & would bite the bullet & not go back. I Texas mine night before. If I don't hear I send a quick reminder in the morning. If still no answer I don't bother going. Not everybody will agree with this I know but it's just me. I just think it's ignorant. 99% always get back sooner or later & I tell them why I never came but guaranteed next time they do tex back.

I agree. 5 phone calls & no contact. I find that f@@k@@g ignorant & would bite the bullet & not go back. I Texas mine night before. If I don't hear I send a quick reminder in the morning. If still no answer I don't bother going. Not everybody will agree with this I know but it's just me. I just think it's ignorant. 99% always get back sooner or later & I tell them why I never came but guaranteed next time they do tex back.
I text some the night before, I won't remind them in the morning. They have had a text to forewarn them I'm coming and that's it.

Yep, I text night before and would rather not get a reply (unless its a first clean), if I turn up and the gates locked then its a black mark.

Why text people? I just pitch up, clean them, leave a bill and bugger off.

To make sure there in & to leave gates open & money out. It's just somet I've always done since day1 & a lot of my customers like it as it's just another little service that can maybe separate you from someone else.

Sounds a hassle to me. But we all operate differently within different environments I guess.

Just texted an 8 weekly (with rear access issues) to say I will be around tomorrow. Get a text back saying we're both at work. I text back asking if they want fronts only cleaned or leave them. Get a text back saying leave them. Dumped.

I only text ones with access issues. I dont expect or want a reply just expect them to leave gate open. If they forget to unlock gate it ls at least 50% charge depending how I feel.

It does give an opportunity for them to skip a clean though. I've only once had a customer turn me away when I've just turned up. After the second time she did it I never went back

I hate having to let people know the night before. Gives them the chance to say leave it. Only do it for a few customers with access probs. usually pitch up and do most of em

Text one yesterday got no response, it's an 8 weeker and I need to get through the garage, turned up today and she says can you leave them till next time so that'll be 16 weeks since the last clean she did this before, these windows get filthy I must have used 80 litres the last time she did this so I'll text her Feb and quote £40.

I had a custy that I mail to and arrange insides every 12 weeks , (apartment ) then she said that there were some construction going on and that we should wait .. I made the first contact and she must make the next . I never contact them twice. It's been 7 months now and I guess she moved on . Anyway I hate insides and call before jobs . :thumbsup:

Lost 2 today, both a ball ache for parking so not too bothered. Gained 2 though next to each other. I clean one other on the same development of about 10 houses and the other cleaner has gone awol. Could possibly pick up a few more! The best bit is it's literally 800 yards from my house /emoticons/smile.png

you have to have respect for yourself & the business you have worked hard to build."you text the night before"!!!.how long does it take to answer a text?i certainly would not turn up to clean there windows if I had no reply.you would be making a fool of yourself.sometimes you have to take the hint,they don't want you & move on.

A lot of my work is very near where I live, I mostly just put a note though their door to say I cleaning their windows tomorrow also to let them know to leave the gate unbolted and the money in the back garden.

I dont leave any contact details, It only take half hour every night. A lots of my customers like this because they like to have some kind if noticed before I turn up.

Back