Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

bull rings

I have tried the cable tie but was not a great idea /emoticons/sad.png been think a lot of getting rhe single squeegee option w bull ring, but pretty expencive

boar do you use them to hold your scrim
yes, heres a photo up of mine and my workers ladies bracelets [to hold scrim] View attachment 6024 as fitted to our belts . mines the one on a chain, i like to hear the sound of the chain means im in the right place as i feel blind for the hoop when up my ladder

boar on about your guys how many teams have you

do you have them working with you or did you split your round when you got to much graft

i,m at the stage where i,ve got to much graft and ready to split the round, just knowing right way to go about it

thanks

boar on about your guys how many teams have youdo you have them working with you or did you split your round when you got to much graft

i,m at the stage where i,ve got to much graft and ready to split the round, just knowing right way to go about it

thanks
theres currently me and 3 workers ,we all travel about and work [trad] from the one berlingo van as a 4 man crew.

i started off solo for 2 yrs , then when the work was overcoming me i took on a parttimer sidekick ,then added a second partimer as work ramped up , then the 1st worker became fulltime and so on. last 3 yrs its been 3 fulltimers plus yours truly - and iv never felt better ! [ course iv been thru bad times with pees- poor employees -but its all part of the learning curve

I have been using the 40mm rings for a year now and they hold a scrim fine, like you Boar i often find myself feeling blind for the scrim while up a ladder. I like the ladies bracelet idea though.
can you pull a scrim fully thru the 40 mm ? or do you pull it a little way in till it jams,then back out the way it came in to use it ?

sounds about right you have your guys working with you all the time, not being funny you can watch them and there is no way they can pinch your graft, which is always a problem with windies thanks again

sounds about right you have your guys working with you all the time, not being funny you can watch them and there is no way they can pinch your graft, which is always a problem with windies thanks again
youre right there. but a part of me wishes i could trust em and "let them go" so i could sit at home [if i wanted to] cos its a real drag having to oversee it all day in day out . but i cant think of a way ,maybe i will just stay 1 van forever ,i earn enuff so why not ,especially as in the past iv been fiddled/done over countless times by [ex] employees who were right under my nose never mind out on their own - but being close by i then got rid off em immediatelythat i spotted the scam

can you pull a scrim fully thru the 40 mm ? or do you pull it a little way in till it jams,then back out the way it came in to use it ?
I just pull it & it comes through nice and easy no jamming, however, I do cut my scrims in half so they are 90 x 45cm ish. but that's only because I find that size easier to work with not because i have to do that to make them fit through the rings.

thats the problem, got the graft now, got lad working with me spot on trad WFP no problem

this guy sure is going to be bang on.

The only problem !!! and its a big one he is only learning to drive at moment

Back