Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renting rounds

Mhindlewcs

I currently have 2 rounds and getting abit too busy so thinking of renting 1 of them out. What is a fair percentage to rent a round out at?? Taking into consideration I will be supplying the van and insurance to the of that last renting it ???

I currently have 2 rounds and getting abit too busy so thinking of renting 1 of them out. What is a fair percentage to rent a round out at?? Taking into consideration I will be supplying the van and insurance to the of that last renting it ???
** To the lad who's renting it

So your supply van,tools and work.

Good luck with that lol.

He would be classed as employed.

60/40 70/30 is usually the split.

I have 2 vans and 2 rounds. I only take 20% of my mate Danny and any new work he picks up he takes the whole amount. I realise this is generous, but he never, ever lets me down, he earns good money, so were both happy bunnies:thumbsup:

Yeah I thought that would be classed as an employee, although if he set up his own business he could be classed as a sub-contractor even if he uses your van and equipment while working.

No mate, from my accountants mouth, if he is a labor only sub (using your gear) you will have to hold all the insurances etc and will also most likely be liable for his taxes.

If he is a bona fide sub, using all his own gear and just doing the jobs for you then you should be OK.

However, hiring an accountant cost £150 per year to do your books, then if you want them to do monthly payroll for you it's about £30 per month, so why not simply pay someone (accountant) to deal with all the employee wage side for you instead of simply trying to use clever phrasing to get around having to deal with the paperwork?

If business is as good as you say I cant see why you aren't just hiring him as an employee on a good package less the the £40 per month for insurances and £30 per month for accounts.

If he ever decides to be a **** and you fall out at least as an employee you can just boot him out, if you are 'renting' him something and you fall out he may try to lay claims to your round.

I don't see why if he's using your equipment as a sub contractor would make any difference as he would be liable for his own tax and insurance as he would have his own company but I'm not an accountant so I'll take your word for it, tax and all that stuff is a mystery to me that's why I also got myself an accountant last month.

No mate, from my accountants mouth, if he is a labor only sub (using your gear) you will have to hold all the insurances etc and will also most likely be liable for his taxes.
If he is a bona fide sub, using all his own gear and just doing the jobs for you then you should be OK.

However, hiring an accountant cost £150 per year to do your books, then if you want them to do monthly payroll for you it's about £30 per month, so why not simply pay someone (accountant) to deal with all the employee wage side for you instead of simply trying to use clever phrasing to get around having to deal with the paperwork?

If business is as good as you say I cant see why you aren't just hiring him as an employee on a good package less the the £40 per month for insurances and £30 per month for accounts.

If he ever decides to be a **** and you fall out at least as an employee you can just boot him out, if you are 'renting' him something and you fall out he may try to lay claims to your round.
I trust him 100% and know he won't let me down I worked with him for 5 years at a window cleaning company . And he's a good worker. Also want him to build my round for me which hell be more than happy to do as if he was only working for a wage he's not going to want to make more work for himself is he. So he's on s good screw and going to be getting 60% of it all. He's going to register as self employed and just run it through his bank and pay me each month

So your supply van,tools and work.
Good luck with that lol.

He would be classed as employed.

60/40 70/30 is usually the split.
We've agreed 60/40 to him. I'm only supplying the van and paying his van insurance which is next to nothing for me to add him on the policy. He's just going to register as self employed and sort out all his own tax and just pay me my cut. What's your thoughts on this???

We've agreed 60/40 to him. I'm only supplying the van and paying his van insurance which is next to nothing for me to add him on the policy. He's just going to register as self employed and sort out all his own tax and just pay me my cut. What's your thoughts on this???
That sounds better, but he needs his OWN work as well. You are on a sticky wicket supplying van tho.

Ways round all this though.

Is it worth all the hassle for a few extra quid a week. Just sell ya excess work( to him if u like) and stay on your own
It's not just excess work it's a full 4 day a week round which will be bringing in good coin I've just come into some money so lumping it into another window round

I sub my other round out to a mate. He uses all his own stuff & gives me a very small percentage. Had to do this as went from 2 man to 1. Didn't wanna lose the customers so thought this was the best way. There still mine if I want them back which is very doubtful.

Latest Posts

Back