Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Hedgehog "Keep Your Gutters Clean All Year around" (They Say)

There Pro gutter tools tax,

Interesting that Trev has them on the Water fed poles though

Can't scoop out with em

And if it's gutters with brackets inside there not much use - there's a couple of jobs where they been good but WCWarehouse Gutter Cleaner £10 is best

There Pro gutter tools tax,
That's what I thought. I thought the Harris pole would be plenty long enough for where he was reaching, unless Trev had a long piece of gutter to clear on the same part of the house where the Harris wouldn't reach.

Yeah I spent £40 on pro gutters then just gone back to that as its a scoop as well
Yeah, but with the Progutter tools you can work from one place and not have to move the ladder and also reach up to the valleys on dormers etc. Each to their own but I think the Progutter tools are ace.

Yeah, but with the Progutter tools you can work from one place and not have to move the ladder and also reach up to the valleys on dormers etc. Each to their own but I think the Progutter tools are ace.
Yeah the gutter tool threads on to Unger pole too

It's not a Wfp mate, it was on a gutter inspection pole on that photo due to that channel being just over 5 metres long upto the pitch the 3 metre harris was obv to short.

Also when you say full house clean - do you mean roof tiles too ?
No I don't do roofs mate, a house clean up for me is gutters downwards. This house does need a moss removal from the roof, either a killer sprayed on then washed off or some bloke to brush it all down when dry. Not for me, very high and some steep pitches!

Same here @Trev81 one of my larger houses has gutter hedgehogs in and she has asked me to remove them come spring.
I think they are pointless.

What do you think of wire mesh instead?

Personally i think nothing and regular maintainance is best solution.
Same here Green, nothing is best, especially on a home like this one that is surrounded by pine trees and shade, so lots of moss, best just to let it flow down the gutters and into the drains, then once a year get a quick vac out if required.

Then hedgehogs I think are limited to homes that don't have a moss problem and hardly get anything in the gutters, but then that still makes them pointless. Bloody ugly things too!

Yeah I spent £40 on pro gutters then just gone back to that as its a scoop as well
Looks just like a plastic cooking utensil. Can't see it being much use on guttering thats fitting tight to the underside of a roof like alot of mine seem to be.

What I did with alot of sections on this house was to use the pro gutter tool to pull debris to a area by me on the ladder then I had my vac pipe up the ladder to suck it all up. I find thats a good method to get a complete clear out.

Then up with a hose pipe with a pressure sprayer thingy on and flush any other bits through.

bleve this sort of product [hedgehog] sells well to a worryguts type of customer. iv only a few of that type on my round and theyre good to have onboard cos they love extras and add on stuff.

View attachment 6040 those plastic [cooking utensil] gutter scoops are worse than useless totally wrong shape ud be better to get a dessert spoon off the homeowner and use that

anybody who says they clean great is a freakin liar

Last edited:
Yes def the worry types have them fitted, this one was in a really affulent area just outside a nice village, plenty of homes touching on a million, I reckon some salesmen went around selling up on these hedgehogs and a few signed up and had them fitted, I think I will take a wonder around there at some point and post a few of my nice gutter clear and clean leaflets.

I think his partner said he paid close on £800 for them supplied and fitted. Was nice putting them in the wheelie bin full of moss!

They make a ideal base for weeds and moss to grip to.

The care centre I did had the plastic grates in every section of guttering, each and everyone was wrapped in moss and grass roots, explained at the time I will be ripping them out and wouldn't be replacing. Horrible pointless bloody things which cause more blockages than if just left alone, and sold to the worriers when given the silver tongue approach by the salesmen!

Back