Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clearing blockage on head of Wfp

Hi all,

Only used my wfp about 6 or 8 times yet I'm experiencing blockages on the fan jets. I detatched the hose and sucked backwards and spat out which did improve the flow when reconnected. Question is how should you maintain jets and service so you don't get partail blockages to your jets. Ones shooting water off to the side at the moment.

Thanks,

Neil.

I have a filter next to the pumps on both vans and my trolley system. It helps, but still get the odd blockage. Just a case of pulling of the little hose off the brush head and sucking it out

Are you using filters pre fan jets ? Clean fan jets with sowing needle or something similar. Don't forget they are detachable.

Hi all,Only used my wfp about 6 or 8 times yet I'm experiencing blockages on the fan jets. I detatched the hose and sucked backwards and spat out which did improve the flow when reconnected. Question is how should you maintain jets and service so you don't get partail blockages to your jets. Ones shooting water off to the side at the moment.

Thanks,

Neil.

What pole is it mate. I have had blockages with x2 Gardiner heads but no further issues once cleared. Think I blew one blockage out and pierced the other with a needle as it seemed to be a bit of plastic covering the jet.

I'm surprised its blocking as the water runs directly from the Di tank in my mobile system which I just hook up to their outdoor tap (image attached). Thanks for the advice.
What pole is that? It looks like it doesn't collapse much.

I either use a paper clip that has Been straightened.

Sometimes I put my finger over the unblocked jet as sometimes the bit of pressure that this causes can dislodge the blockage and fetch it out of the jet

First you need to try to investigate what is causing the blockages. Is it dirt or is it resin from your di vessel? If its a small stone then it will be getting in when you connect and disconnect your pole hose. If its resin then you need to identify why it is escaping from the di vessel. Is the filter screen/screens damaged, or is it a faulty O ring in the head where the riser tube pushes in or is it a collapsed riser tube?

We find that the best way to assemble the di vessel is to fill it with resin to the bend in the neck and then fill it with water. This makes fitting the riser tube and filters much easier.

Thanks for your replies. I've yet to replace the resin as I've not had it long and only done about 8 big jobs with it. Ive yet to open it up and even see how to maintain the pre-filter. No instructions came with the package. The image below shows the package I bought. Brand name of pole is Alpha. The image I attached whilst working was just part of the pole as I didn't need it all. Thanks for all the suggestions.

View attachment 6054

Last edited by a moderator:
Its an Alpha pole package. Never heard of them before but knowing nothing about WFP at the time I wanted a complete package. Its a 100% Carbon pole (10metres) and quite happy with it all. Its already well paid for itself. Just this niggling little issue with the uneven water flow/blockage on the fan jets.

Do you keep resin at home in advance? Does it keep well before the package is opened or can it deteriorate without been opened. I want to buy a spare batch of resin but not sure how long this first one will last its a 12.5ltr tank done about 8 big homes (Mc mansions) with it and TSD is low here averaging around 50PPM. Don't want to buy something if it deteriorates before being opened.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be the hose, there's no ball on the end and as I reel the hose in the connecter drags through dust and alsorts as it gets reeled in. Need to add a ball thing me thinks .

Back