Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on pole

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Stayclearwindowcleaning

Hi looking for some advice. Looking at buying a new pole somethink that will go 3 story but still comfortable and light at 2 story I'm useing the clx 27 at the moment but find it whippy. I'm in catch 22 I've just taken on a few jobs that are 5 story so does it mean i'm buying 2 poles. Or buy 1 pole and put Extensions to it. Sorry for all the questions just want to get it right befor ordering

Hi looking for some advice. Looking at buying a new pole somethink that will go 3 story but still comfortable and light at 2 story I'm useing the clx 27 at the moment but find it whippy. I'm in catch 22 I've just taken on a few jobs that are 5 story so does it mean i'm buying 2 poles. Or buy 1 pole and put Extensions to it. Sorry for all the questions just want to get it right befor ordering
Your just about to get bombarded by reams of replies telling you to get an extreme pole. By the way are you aware that your avatar says window cleaming?

Lol I know I can't change it. I was thinking of the extreme pole or the slx. Have u got to maintain the extreme a bit more ?

i went from a clx to an slx and the difference was night and day, the clx is a great starter pole in my oppinion but the slx is so much stiffer when you have them both extended, i just cant bring myself to buying an extreme with the high maintainance etc, i fully understand that its built for lightness so wont be as strong as the slx and the way i treat the slx i dont think it would last long, i gave the slx a shower down the other night and retaped it all and the amount of dirt that came out of it and it still works a treat lol, ive had it over a year now and about to order another to keep things fresh even though this ones still spot on, i just dont see the point paying double the amount for something that is weaker,yes lighter but the biggest difference for lighthness is the brush for me as thats the thing your counterbalancing on the end, an slx with an extreme brush is plenty light enough!

I'm the same as you Chesh, I just can't bring myself to buy an Extreme, I've been tempted, but just can't justify laying out that much dosh. I shove an Extreme or Tecbuk hybrid brush on my SLX-35 and it works for me.

I used my new slx 30 today for the first time and must say is a fantastic pole so rigid and I'm so glad I bought it /emoticons/smile.png

I also have an slx39 but it rarely comes out the van, it is a wee bit whippy and slightly heavy but I use the slx22 for everyday work, I believe a lot of guys who do regular higher work all swear by using he extreme pole so if you was gonna use it for higher windows may be it would be worth looking at an extreme but like I say for me I get the slx39 out about 2-3 times a month, still like new lol

Will I get away with a slx 25 for my 3 story work ? And what size for my 4 to 5 story is that going to be the 39 slx going to order this week

You need to allow around 10 ft a floor.

I have a slx25 it reaches all second floor windows(ground,1st,2nd)it won't go much higher

I have a slx39 that comes out for any work up to 3-4 floors

Anything else is done by the extreme47.,it's stiffer and lighter and is the best pole when working at height.

To give you an idea

Gardiner poles are labelled in actual length so a slx 25 is 25ft high add that to your body height and it should reach any work to 30ft.

Working at night I always use carbon goose necks.

Is there any think wrong in doing it that way ? It makes sense. Is it recommended

Back