Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardeners poles.

shazzy692002

Evening boys and girls. /emoticons/angry.png(>/emoticons/sad.png(/emoticons/angry.png(

Wow cant remember the last time I started a thread? :heartbreak:

I use gardeners slx poles, after a while they start spinning due to wear on the pole just where the clamps are, so when I release the pole to its smallest I have to leave a gap between the clamps. Its fine when its erected :windowcleaner:.... is there anything you guys put on the pole to stop this happening. It is just wear and tear, I'm a bit gutted tho, as only use the pole 3 times a week, and this started happening 9 months later,

Also I have 20 days off due to a small operation. will my water in the static tank and van stay clean?,

Thanks for any help. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and new year. Don't get to drunk. and smile and bare it with the in laws :ban:

:clap::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

dip it in a bromide solution. My slx does this i just clamp it a couple of inches from next joint. There was a vid on youtube where the pole is re lacquered good as new. ihave a backpack that i use now and again and have a few barrals that i carry water in for it i have had water in them a couple of months and the water was fine i did check the tds.

my slx has started wearing like this, only used on around 20 custies a week and only 9 months old.

ive just put a wrap of insulation tape on the offending area, a bit ghetto but nevermind.

im just going to flog mine on ebay for stupid money in a few months and buy an extreme

Evening boys and girls. /emoticons/angry.png(>/emoticons/sad.png(/emoticons/angry.png(
Wow cant remember the last time I started a thread? :heartbreak:

I use gardeners slx poles, after a while they start spinning due to wear on the pole just where the clamps are, so when I release the pole to its smallest I have to leave a gap between the clamps. Its fine when its erected :windowcleaner:.... is there anything you guys put on the pole to stop this happening. It is just wear and tear, I'm a bit gutted tho, as only use the pole 3 times a week, and this started happening 9 months later,

Also I have 20 days off due to a small operation. will my water in the static tank and van stay clean?,

Thanks for any help. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and new year. Don't get to drunk. and smile and bare it with the in laws :ban:

:clap::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

[media]

[/media]
You shouldn't normally have an issue with water going off.

We wish you the best with your small procedure and subsequent recuperation.

I use bomb proof fibreglass poles and this doesn't seem to happen? Is carbon really worth it?

dip it in a bromide solution. My slx does this i just clamp it a couple of inches from next joint. There was a vid on youtube where the pole is re lacquered good as new. ihave a backpack that i use now and again and have a few barrals that i carry water in for it i have had water in them a couple of months and the water was fine i did check the tds.
Will look om utube, thanks. I do now clamp it a inch away from joint, but how long before that erode. There in 2 good nik to replace. Thanks for help. x

my slx has started wearing like this, only used on around 20 custies a week and only 9 months old.
ive just put a wrap of insulation tape on the offending area, a bit ghetto but nevermind.

im just going to flog mine on ebay for stupid money in a few months and buy an extreme
Yeah hubby suggested tape, but assumed it would get wet and wear away and be more annoying. x

Mine was spinning so I got new clamps and it's all good now - worth a try ( I think from memory £20 ish ??)

About 4 minutes in

It does work as mate has done it

Just build up a few layers

[media]

[/media]

Back