Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stripe payment method

I use it - and highly recommend it.

The downside is that you need and SSL cert for your domain,so it costs £50ish a year depending on which one you go for - but the system works very smoothly.

I use it - and highly recommend it.
The downside is that you need and SSL cert for your domain,so it costs £50ish a year depending on which one you go for - but the system works very smoothly.
Thanks nat how do I set it up to take card payments from customers .

Isn't it like PayPal were you can add a pay now button and customer can add there customer number and payment amount ?

Stripe works a little differently - they don't offer any way to generate payment buttons - but instead rely on 3rd party addons.

The way I use it on my website is using the WooCommerce system (Free) which handles the financials & then added to that I have the "Stripe Payment Gateway plugin" ($79 I think) which processes the transactions. There is another plugin you'd probably need which allows the user to set their payment amount:Name your price - WooThemes

Thanks nat how do I set it up to take card payments from customers .Isn't it like PayPal were you can add a pay now button and customer can add there customer number and payment amount ?

Stripe works a little differently - they don't offer any way to generate payment buttons - but instead rely on 3rd party addons.The way I use it on my website is using the WooCommerce system (Free) which handles the financials & then added to that I have the "Stripe Payment Gateway plugin" ($79 I think) which processes the transactions. There is another plugin you'd probably need which allows the user to set their payment amount:Name your price - WooThemes
Cheers nat thought it was a bit like PayPal

Is there any other gateways like PayPal buttons as some customers may not like using PayPal ( not trust them) plus's any with lower fees than PayPal would be good.

Only need for accepting cards online

Cheers

I really like GoCardless - it puts you in control & really helps cashflow if you get all your slow payers to sign up...

I really like GoCardless - it puts you in control & really helps cashflow if you get all your slow payers to sign up...
Yes have go card less already and have izettle for on the spot card payments but wanted some sort of web payment

Happy new year

Strip is a lot of hassle to setup - but I've tried a few & its the best one I've found personally - I use it on my own website.

Worth a try - but be careful when using plugins that haven't been updated for a while as they may not be patched for the latest security vulnerabilities.

I just wish there was a way to use Stripe without the SSL cert - it'd make things much simpler!

W

Worth a try - but be careful when using plugins that haven't been updated for a while as they may not be patched for the latest security vulnerabilities.
I just wish there was a way to use Stripe without the SSL cert - it'd make things much simpler!
What type of SSL is required as my host offer several from £0 to over £100 ?

Honestly - the cheapest you can get away with! You'd have to check with Strip directly about their requirements - but I'd chance the free option first & see if it'll work... No point paying if you don't have to!

W
What type of SSL is required as my host offer several from £0 to over £100 ?

The options there seem a bit unusual - the cheap ones seem to give just domain validation but it doesn't mention encryption - - the expensive ones are very expensive though...

I'd give the hosts a call & ask what they'd recommend - I really couldn't say myself.

The options there seem a bit unusual - the cheap ones seem to give just domain validation but it doesn't mention encryption - - the expensive ones are very expensive though...
I'd give the hosts a call & ask what they'd recommend - I really couldn't say myself.
Been in contact with hosting company they said the positive SSL will be OK at £4.99 but I needs a dedicated IP at £13.99 what is a dedicated IP and why do I need this ? And is it cheap

£13.99 for a dedicated IP is very cheap - I'd go for it without hesitation!

My SSL cert with TSOhost costs me £50 +VAT a year, and I thought I was getting a good deal at that!

£13.99 for a dedicated IP is very cheap - I'd go for it without hesitation!
My SSL cert with TSOhost costs me £50 +VAT a year, and I thought I was getting a good deal at that!
yes £18+vat for both ssl and dedicated ip

if this stripe is not for me or cannot get it to work etc

do i have to have ssl and ip for paypal button?

Cheers

Nope - Paypal re-directs to its own servers to process payments so you don't need any of this for paypal. /emoticons/smile.png

Nope - Paypal re-directs to its own servers to process payments so you don't need any of this for paypal. /emoticons/smile.png
cheers nat how do i create the paypal button and get it to get customer address etc etc so i can for now accept paypal see how it goes also does this have to be a paypal business account?

Thanks you been a star

Paypal buttons are easy enough to sort out - just login to your paypal account (I think a personal account will work - but the receiving limits will be low so its worth upgrading) and go to merchant tools, and then to paypal buttons. Click on create a new button and go through the setup process on-screen - but leave the amount to be paid blank,.. this lets the customer enter how much their bill is. Paypal will give you a snippet of code that you just copy & paste into your website & it starts working instantly. /emoticons/smile.png

Back