Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

who's hitting the gym now the festive period is over?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Back to the gym at 6am tomorrow and a 5k run this morning

2 weeks drinking and eating :turd: has taken it's toll already

Was back to 14 stone now I reckon when i weigh myself tomorrow I'll be back in the heavyweight category (14.5 stone)

Glad it's only once a year this xmas lark

I am mate. Hopefully starting up judo on the 5th too with the aim of getting my lad into it next year. I'm running, kettle bells, and body weight training when my arm gets better. Let's see if we can keep this thread going for the motivation.

I haven't stepped foot in a gym in almost twenty years and that was only because I was forced to do it at school.

Hats off to you guys that do it but I'm a lazy sod. And between my work and looking after four kids (soon to be five) while my wife is working I don't get much time for anything else.

Despite grafting at work this year I have noticed how out of breath I can get when I do a quick sprint for something or have to go up/down the stairs a couple of times.

Going out for a run each week is something that I may try to get into the habit of doing......until it gets warm enough to get back out in the sea again - love going for a dunk in the sea after a hard day at work /emoticons/smile.png

Despite grafting at work this year I have noticed how out of breath I can get when I do a quick sprint for something or have to go up/down the stairs a couple of times.
Going out for a run each week is something that I may try to get into the habit of doing......until it gets warm enough to get back out in the sea again - love going for a dunk in the sea after a hard day at work /emoticons/smile.png
Must be nice to have the sea on your doorstep. Even running on the sand is meant to be really good for you. Its pretty uninspiring around here- very flat and boring. Good for cycling, but I'm not into the whole lycra scene.

Must be nice to have the sea on your doorstep. Even running on the sand is meant to be really good for you. Its pretty uninspiring around here- very flat and boring. Good for cycling, but I'm not into the whole lycra scene.
iv a mountain bike,got given it on the round ,a wreck which cost a packet to fix up pah humbug . i like to go and ride it to a faraway bit of beach where iv beer buried in the shingle . so the good thats done in the bike ride is undone by supping the beer !

Last edited:
Back to the gym at 6am tomorrow and a 5k run this morning2 weeks drinking and eating :turd: has taken it's toll already

Was back to 14 stone now I reckon when i weigh myself tomorrow I'll be back in the heavyweight category (14.5 stone)

Not me, work is enough although I've begun building a gym in the back garden it's just something I've always wanted

iv a mountain bike,got given it on the round ,a wreck which cost a packet to fix up pah humbug . i like to go and ride it to a faraway bit of beach where iv beer buried in the shingle . so the good thats done in the bike ride is undone by supping the beer !
Love the idea of having a secret beer stash in a remote place. On one of my camping trips a few years back I stashed half a bottle of Corvoisier, I wonder if its still there. I may have to go this year to see if I can find it.

Not me, work is enough although I've begun building a gym in the back garden it's just something I've always wanted
I have a gym of sorts in my garden. Pullup and dip frame that I built, a load of dumbbells/barbells, an incline bench, and some kettlebells. Its nice training in the fresh air, but sucks when its raining. I havent paid a gym membership since I was in my early 20s, always loved training at home and not having to do the journey, listening to shite music etc.

Love the idea of having a secret beer stash in a remote place. On one of my camping trips a few years back I stashed half a bottle of Corvoisier, I wonder if its still there. I may have to go this year to see if I can find it.

I have a gym of sorts in my garden. Pullup and dip frame that I built, a load of dumbbells/barbells, an incline bench, and some kettlebells. Its nice training in the fresh air, but sucks when its raining. I havent paid a gym membership since I was in my early 20s, always loved training at home and not having to do the journey, listening to shite music etc.
you Must go find the corvoisier! for quite a few yrs iv stashed beer/wine various stops on long walks . one time i even had a food stash under a beach too .with cutlery - but somebod found my stash! and ate the food and drank the wine , when i arrived months later all that was there were 2 teaspoons sticking up out of the sand,like eyes! 0 0

I've always prided myself on my Adonis-like body :thumbsup:......

....but my Mrs recons my body is more like a-donner....not Adonis :cry:.

It's brilliant mate - Brighton seafront gets quite full of people but not many go into the sea itself so it's really peaceful once you've swam out a bit.......feels like your on a 15min holiday!

Quite envious of the Cornwall / Devon windies myself as they have got some stunning locations.

you Must go find the corvoisier! for quite a few yrs iv stashed beer/wine various stops on long walks . one time i even had a food stash under a beach too .with cutlery - but somebod found my stash! and ate the food and drank the wine , when i arrived months later all that was there were 2 teaspoons sticking up out of the sand,like eyes!
We will mate. We're a bit nervous going back to this camping spot. It was a hazard of pitching up late in this forest. Just as we were leaving there was a shooting party about to go in the woods where we were. Luckily they didnt catch us before we packed up as the campsite is a mess while we are there. We always leave it as we found it, but they wouldn't know that, and since it was private land they would have been pi$$ed. Shame about your stash, maybe rig up some IndianaJ style booby traps. A mousetrap should be a cheap way of ruining a thieves day./emoticons/biggrin.png

Back to the gym at 6am tomorrow and a 5k run this morning2 weeks drinking and eating :turd: has taken it's toll already

Get yourself ''my protein'' on the internet.

I swear by it

View attachment 6105

Nah no gym for me. Think the prices are ridiculous considering if I wanna run I can do it free. Eating properly & going up & down a ladder is enough for me.

A mousetrap should be a cheap way of ruining a thieves day./emoticons/biggrin.png
mousetrap! heheh , how about a gintrap? ,,, ho ho ho

years ago guy i knew asked me my thoughts/best angle on setting up a shotgun connected to a bit of string to catch a thief. "thats POSSIBLY going too far "

Back