Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So am I out of order??

Greener

As per usual I (Me:))) text all my cleans scheduled for tomorrow and received this reply back from a customer who cancelled the last schedule clean 8weeks ago due to the fact it might rain during the week:cool:.

This customer is one of my very first customers and I offered what I now know (1yr later) was a low price for the clean due to the fact it was a group of 5 friends/family that I quoted on the same day, whom I now only clean 3 (including this one) of the five due to the fact the other two have now moved and have never got back in touch, one of whom I'd only cleaned once before they moved and the other I didn't even get to before moving! My question do you think that my response was unprofessional/out off order? I'm struggling to see it from the customers point of veiw to be honest.

This is the conversation so far:

Hi Me:),

Due to the forecasted weather this week please can I leave it again this time until next time round? Thanks ####

Hi #### no problem, just to let you know I will remove you from my schedule please feel free to contact me when you believe it won't rain and I will do my best to fit you in. I will also need to review the price as the agreed price is for an 8 weekly clean. Regards Me:)

Hi Me:), I'm a bit taken back by the tone of your text! Regards ####

Hi #### I'm sorry if you have taken it that way though as you have cancelled the last couple of times and our agreement is for every 8 weeks I thought the Arrangement I have proposed (something I don't generally offer) would suit you better? If I were to carry out your clean next time it's due it would in fact be six months since your last clean, the reason for regular scheduled cleans is to keep the windows relatively clean so that I do not have to carry out what's referred to as a first clean every time as this would take longer, use more purified water and inevitably cost more money. Regards Me:)

Sounds fair to me greener. Just make sure that if they do have the balls to contact u again, that u say you're to busy to clean them as u have replaced them with a reliable customer but thanks anyway!

As per usual I (Me:))) text all my cleans scheduled for tomorrow and received this reply back from a customer who cancelled the last schedule clean 8weeks ago due to the fact it might rain during the week:cool:.
This customer is one of my very first customers and I offered what I now know (1yr later) was a low price for the clean due to the fact it was a group of 5 friends/family that I quoted on the same day, whom I now only clean 3 (including this one) of the five due to the fact the other two have now moved and have never got back in touch, one of whom I'd only cleaned once before they moved and the other I didn't even get to before moving! My question do you think that my response was unprofessional/out off order? I'm struggling to see it from the customers point of veiw to be honest.

This is the conversation so far:

Hi Me:),

Due to the forecasted weather this week please can I leave it again this time until next time round? Thanks ####

Hi #### no problem, just to let you know I will remove you from my schedule please feel free to contact me when you believe it won't rain and I will do my best to fit you in. I will also need to review the price as the agreed price is for an 8 weekly clean. Regards Me:)

Hi Me:), I'm a bit taken back by the tone of your text! Regards ####

Hi #### I'm sorry if you have taken it that way though as you have cancelled the last couple of times and our agreement is for every 8 weeks I thought the Arrangement I have proposed (something I don't generally offer) would suit you better? If I were to carry out your clean next time it's due it would in fact be six months since your last clean, the reason for regular scheduled cleans is to keep the windows relatively clean so that I do not have to carry out what's referred to as a first clean every time as this would take longer, use more purified water and inevitably cost more money. Regards Me:)
Woke up to this this morning: I fully understand the concept of regular cleaning, I think you have missed the point somewhat. I was referring to the sarcastic nature of you saying to me about believing it was going to rain. I think that was totally uncalled for and I don't expect, as a customer, to be spoken to in that manner.

You're too polite

My answer to their latest reply would contain 2 words..one of them being "off"

I think your customer may need reminding that she is speaking to the boss and owner of his own business, not some poor guy working for Tesco, etc who has to endure all manner of **** with an apology and a smile in order to keep his job.

Handled very well @Greener imo!

I know a lot of the guys on here can get annoyed when customers do this (with reason!), but from a customer's point of view, they probably don't understand the reasoning behind regular cleans etc, so you've done well to politely explain it and it will be interesting to see what the resolution is!

Woke up to this this morning: I fully understand the concept of regular cleaning, I think you have missed the point somewhat. I was referring to the sarcastic nature of you saying to me about believing it was going to rain. I think that was totally uncalled for and I don't expect, as a customer, to be spoken to in that manner.
Although this goes against my grain this is my last attempt at being civil, after all reputation is everything in this game. Isn't it????

:Hi ####, sorry but that was not my intention. Due to the fact you have cancelled the last two cleans due to the weather I was purely giving you the option to contact me once the weather improves and you require a clean. Me:)

Mate, you have been more than professional, whilst not taking any $hi)t, good on you. Now here's a tip that will help you sleep a lot better at night;

..... after all reputation is everything in this game. Isn't it????
Forget about your reputation when it comes to bad customers. There are thousands of customers out there, and most people do not have that many friends (most of hers have let you down anyway lol)....and even if they do have lots of friends, whats the chance of them needing your services? and even if they do need your services, whats the chance that they are going too be cnuts like her? and if they are cnuts like her, what's the chance of them having many friends? /emoticons/smile.png

Due to all that^, I now favour boars method of just ignoring them. You end up a happier person, ad you don't waste time in stupid text/phone arguments when you could be with your family instead.

i one dont txt before i call and if i get told no 2 times in row i dont come back or txt them as they dont respect u enough and because its not fair on your other customers u know the ones who support u all year round

you've handled it very well!!some people- simply do not give a damn about the fact you are trying to run a business.dump & replace with three,also save your breath for your porridge

There is nothing more annoying than morons like that, you handled it very well, as you said the price was agreed on 8 weekly, also a bit of rain won't hurt pure water cleaning. I allow one miss, if it happens again I remove from the round, if they call again I add a hefty first clean price with added A**hole tax! I find it feels good when you remove them and have them replaced within the same day or 2 with a really friendly new customer /emoticons/smile.png

As above, I think you've handled it well. Once your round is full, its a case of customisation I.m.o. Any jip from anyone, its a case of dump and replace

I like how she dosent want to be spoken in a certain tone to, but she have no problem speaking the same tone to you. But we "only" windies in some customers eyes.

Think you handled this very pro.

Last edited:
I texted one of my customers tonight. She has been a right PITA from day one. She never has the readies on clean day and I always have to go back. Once I called for my money and she said she'd spent it in Costa and can you come back another day for it. Another time she was a fiver short and had to pay £20 next clean. Anyway she texts back tonight that her boyfriend is going to be cleaning the windows from now on :rolleyes:. I'm tempted to reply by saying something like 'no problem I'm having a sort out of my bad payers anyway and you've done me a favour.'

Had another one phone me on Sunday after I'd put a note through her door on Saturday to say I was calling on Monday. She wanted to cancel the clean. She's cancelled a few cleans, probably 1 every 4th time, I said no problem I'll take you off the list for good. But but but can't you come back in the spring!? If I have time I might I said. Tara.

one rang me last week, desperate need of a windy. i agreed to come next day, she then text me on that morning saying sorry we dont want them cleaning anymore

my reply was "i wasnt coming anyway"

i wasnt lying i really wasnt going, when she rang i thought she was local from her postcode, turned out she was 15 miles away.

when you have full round like a lot of guys have, its different story we dont need there work we,re not desperate

we are giving these doylums a favour helping them out if only they understood this

I texted one of my customers tonight. She has been a right PITA from day one. She never has the readies on clean day and I always have to go back. Once I called for my money and she said she'd spent it in Costa and can you come back another day for it. Another time she was a fiver short and had to pay £20 next clean. Anyway she texts back tonight that her boyfriend is going to be cleaning the windows from now on :rolleyes:. I'm tempted to reply by saying something like 'no problem I'm having a sort out of my bad payers anyway and you've done me a favour.'
I havent had much in the way of cancellations, but I have always played out in my head how I would mess with a bad custy that cancels. It would go a little something like this...

"Hi, I would like to cancel as my husband is going to do them from now on".

"Sure, thats fine, I'll be there tuesday".

"Sorry, I think you have missunderstood, I would like to cancel your services".

"Yes no problem we can switch it to wednesday if you like?"

"No, we don't need a window cleaner any more!".

"Yes, its still £12, see you on friday".

No, we don't need it!!!!!

"Yep, frames and sills too".

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Would be great to see how many texts you could get out of them before they ignore you./emoticons/biggrin.png

Lol @TolishAPurd

I have though of this one

every month it is due, post a "windows been cleaned slip through" do this for ages and send a text reminder for payment as well

when you get the text back or call saying what is going on just say, im sorry i just think you are a c*unt so im playing childish games

Back