Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This is a big one for me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

I've got to quote this driveway rear patio and the small wall and stairs in the photo, it will need to be sanded. What would you lot charge for this I wouldn't know where to start [emoji85]
54f9f37e45673e11b13eaaf429d03c7e.jpg
dd1742f24387c49b650b4bf01eb5aaf5.jpg
577c1f7bc60027ad46436efbacfef014.jpg
5f2def52b77ffb31bc94ca1755242254.jpg
a872088d202470e520402dbc36a36e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also wants me to quote for the walls on the house as well

Nope no windows on this one for me they have one already [emoji57]

I'm scared of doing it worried it will blast bits of the bricks off

Sanding doesnt take that long at all an average 4 car long driveway took me about 30mins

cant see it taking more than a few hours to sand.

i would factor in a day to clean and a day to sand and maybe add another day if yore not sure, its hard to gauge size from pics

Do you reckon there could be a chance I could take parts of the bricks off?

Brushing sand in between the blocks so they stay where they are [emoji106]

I would be wanting about 4 -5 grand for that job

That would include to clean the exterior house brickwork etc, all boundary walling, driveway, paving, patio area, rear feature steps. I would also throw in the urns for free on top of the walls as you do too.

I would not be using a pressure washer though so the price would be a lot higher than most would dream of charging that do.

I would be wanting about 4 -5 grand for that jobThat would include to clean the exterior house brickwork etc, all boundary walling, driveway, paving, patio area, rear feature steps. I would also throw in the urns for free on top of the walls as you do too.

I would not be using a pressure washer though so the price would be a lot higher than most would dream of charging that do.
Smurf is that you???? What would you use instead? Softwash?

Neil pressure washing the brick work will be ok

I have seen blown bricks though but check the condition off the mortar mainly

Turn the pressure washer pump down and the engine revs and slowly does it

Use a 40 or 20 degree nozzle

People tend to whack the machine on full for everything and turbo which isn't necessary

Plenty of hypo will kill anything off and stop weeds

When you sand make sure brush in well

I then use a leaf blower and go over the entire drive this saves hours and removes any remaining sand or you will be brushing for days

I'd say sanding on a job that big half a day!

Also we give a aftercare leaflet to all customers its bit of a disclaimer really

You will be surprised how many customers ring you 6 month later and say they have a few weeds popping through

evie do you brush the sand in the joins etc & then use the leaf blower.never done this.do you use a petol or electric?if its quicker will give this ago

evie do you brush the sand in the joins etc & then use the leaf blower.never done this.do you use a petol or electric?if its quicker will give this ago
I use a blower after I have brushed the sand in. Saves a lot of time and also gives a much better finish than you could get with a broom.

On a driveway and patio that took me 8 hours to pressure wash I would estimate the blower saved me about 3 hours on the re-sanding.

Petrol mate mine there cheap

Yes brush in then go over with blower

It's absolute must especially as I seal 90 percent of my drives

So any sand left on the paving will be sealed on

Latest Posts

Back