Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

!!!OMG!!! Got a card reader.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

been thinking of getting either an izettle or a sumup etc for a long while, well it landed today i have just been collecting!!

BEST THING EVER!!!!!

Custies love it, I love it my bank balance loves it

You gotta get one!

Last edited by a moderator:
been thinking of getting either an izettle or a sumup etc for a long while, well it landed today i have just been collecting!!
BEST THING EVER!!!!!

Custies love it, I love it my bank balance loves it

You gotta get one!

ive got a apple one

Best thing I've done much easier than having to log into business account every night tracking payments

Looks smart always wondered if many customers don't trust it. You know what some are like these days for using cards etc

ive got a apple one

Best thing I've done much easier than having to log into business account every night tracking payments

ive got a apple oneBest thing I've done much easier than having to log into business account every night tracking payments
So do you not use gocardless for debit payments? I thought it would be easier or not sure how customers would be with money coming out automatically. I Havn't set it up yet

I got it on offer with a code.

UK20 is the code.

Should be £70 i got it for £46, i asked alot of customers towards the back of last year whether they would use one and all seemed positive so i thought sod it i'll try it.

Some weeks i can be between £30-100 down from people saying they'll pay double next time cause no money, i tried to get them to pay bacs but only a few do and usually a week or so after.

So i thought i'd give it a go.

Eviestevie, is there a charge with the apple one? I get charged 1.95% which is 9p for a fiver

All my prices are due an increase this time of year so i'll be interested how it works out in the next few months.

So do you not use gocardless for debit payments? I thought it would be easier or not sure how customers would be with money coming out automatically. I Havn't set it up yet
I looked at this, but for me it still means that when custy shuts the door i'm relying on them actually doing it. Gocardless is exactly the same as a standing order or direct debit. At least with the reader they will literally have to have no money not to pay lmao i,ll say i take credit cards then hahaha

I use it for customers who never carry cash!saves a lot on collecting

Trouble with bacs and people paying by transfer is the Neva do when they say they are going to which means keeping a constant eye on your account to track payments

With the card reader it's all there so I no exactly at end day what I've been oayed

Had a card reader for around a year maybe a year and half. Way to much hassle.

Over 35% of my customers pay via go cardless. I am aiming for 50% on it and any new customer HAS to use GC or they dont come on board.

Had a card reader for around a year maybe a year and half. Way to much hassle.
Over 35% of my customers pay via go cardless. I am aiming for 50% on it and any new customer HAS to use GC or they dont come on board.
If I was to start using it I would want at least 80% of people to be on it. On the "sync" option for gocardless does it litterally just match the number of weeks on there clean to when the money is taken out. Also if you change the week from 6-8 weeks do you just sync it again and it will change the debit?

Over 35% of my customers pay via go cardless. I am aiming for 50% on it and any new customer HAS to use GC or they dont come on board.If I was to start using it I would want at least 80% of people to be on it. On the "sync" option for gocardless does it litterally just match the number of weeks on there clean to when the money is taken out. Also if you change the week from 6-8 weeks do you just sync it again and it will change the debit?

I use cleaner planner.

I clean house, go home, click the word start. 6/7 days later get paid. All automatic. Apart from me clicking one button. Customer signs up and thats it.

Now then tuffers me ol mucka, been real busy and i come on here now and again to see what you are all up to, see who's new etc.

But mainly for research for the next upgrade lol, this time its hot water and vans

How you been going bud? Done any good biking stuff last year?

Back on topic lol

Well that makes a bit more sense, so let me see if i understand it right

The payments aren't automated for fortnightly or monthly, you invite them to pay via email and they pay?

Reason for asking is as all of us struggle this time of the year, where my round is the weather is tough so i am always behind a bit.

I have 1 custy who is on direct debit and i feel a bit of pressure if i'm late.

They sign up.

You only take the payment if Windows have been cleaned.

If you are late by 44 years. Payments don't come out.

Aahhhhh!! Ok

That sounds more like it. I'll do some asking next week to see if they've even heard of it. I haven't.

Whereabouts in the country are you? I would think this would be down south more than up here in the north

Aahhhhh!! Ok
That sounds more like it. I'll do some asking next week to see if they've even heard of it. I haven't.

Whereabouts in the country are you? I would think this would be down south more than up here in the north
east Anglia

Back