Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best all round pressure washer

CHWS

What's the best value for money out there that is ample for all jobs? Thinking of trying to push pressure washing . Is it worth it? What sort of price rate do yous work on

Does Ben marriot have a website?
Hello mate, for some reason I can reply to your message??

Speak to Ben at Rutland pumps. I'm over the moon with mine just wish I had some more pressure washing now lol. It will come in time, most people that have booked in with me have asked for it to be done just before the summer.

Alright mate, what sort of money are you working on when your getting jobs etc? And what is the actual size of the washer you have ? Cheers

Alright mate, what sort of money are you working on when your getting jobs etc? And what is the actual size of the washer you have ? Cheers
I have 15lpm, I'm new to pricing work but try and work on £40 a hour. It's all new to me like it would be for you. Sorry I can't help much

You cant go too wrong setting a floor at £1 per square meter (i.e. don't charge less) for cleaning and an additional 50p each for hypo / resanding on the cheaper side. or double that for nicer or more difficult jobs where you will need to take your time to get it done right because the drainage might be bad or there is a lot of muck on it.

I am aiming at £50/hour I am on the job and usually end up between £40-50 / hour less my expenses/ travel/ fuel etc. I always give quotes as opposed to estimates and I will tell the customer "I expect this £200 job to take me 4-5 hours. If it takes more time that is my problem not yours." A lot of the time I see them smirk and think to themselves "yeah right that took me 2 days last time I did it". I turn up with my washer 200 bar @ 30lpm and do it in just under 4 hours from arrival to ready to leave.

You cant go too wrong setting a floor at £1 per square meter (i.e. don't charge less) for cleaning and an additional 50p each for hypo / resanding on the cheaper side. or double that for nicer or more difficult jobs where you will need to take your time to get it done right because the drainage might be bad or there is a lot of muck on it.
I am aiming at £50/hour I am on the job and usually end up between £40-50 / hour less my expenses/ travel/ fuel etc. I always give quotes as opposed to estimates and I will tell the customer "I expect this £200 job to take me 4-5 hours. If it takes more time that is my problem not yours." A lot of the time I see them smirk and think to themselves "yeah right that took me 2 days last time I did it". I turn up with my washer 200 bar @ 30lpm and do it in just under 4 hours from arrival to ready to leave.

Is hypo that good mate. Gonna get some tomo morning.

Yes it is Lewis my dad's boss had some and he still hasn't used it so I I spilled a bit on his concrete and I mean it was stinking and the next day we looked , where it was spilt is gleaming

Is hypo that good mate. Gonna get some tomo morning.
Yeah I use it on just about every job now in varying strengths. 3% is for decking up to 11% which is neat for the stuff I buy. It gives a far better result than just pressure washing alone and really sets you apart from the competition. I could turn up at any job my competitors in the area have done, splash a bit of my "special cleaner" and make them look like they half arsed it if I wanted to but I am not quite up to stage six in my plan for world domination just yet./emoticons/biggrin.png:666:

What sprayers do you use sllab ?? Have you got a link

I use cheap pump sprayers from scewfix / toolstation / b and q

using this at the moment:

Backpack Sprayer 16Ltr

They generally last 2-3 months with me never washing them out and constantly leaving hypo in there. I also have a 7l hand held pump sprayer that was about £7-8 just in case the back pack one gives up halfway through a job.

At the moment I cant justify spending £150+ for a sprayer with vitex seals or whatever they are that would stand up to the hypo better

Just make sure you wear a waterproof jacket over your waterproof pants because the last thing you want is hypo dripping down your **** crack if it springs a leak.

Hahaha well they do say hypo is good for Staines !!!!

On a serious note tho when spraying what ever it is you want to Spray what do you do with the over spray I.E I have 3 sides of a house to do soon and am thinking of using hypo on it but I'm sure it would drip down or worse stain the paint. How do you combat drips ?

Hahaha well they do say hypo is good for Staines !!!!
On a serious note tho when spraying what ever it is you want to Spray what do you do with the over spray I.E I have 3 sides of a house to do soon and am thinking of using hypo on it but I'm sure it would drip down or worse stain the paint. How do you combat drips ?
my experience has been hypo is fairly friendly towards paint. Just spray on the areas that need cleaning and rinse off areas that you are not cleaning with water if you are concerned.

Test it first

Yes indeed I will what sort of ratio do you use it at 10-1 ? And how do you measure it or is it a bit like Virosol just tip what you think is the right amount in the bottom of the sprayer and add water haha.

For most paving, driveways and brickwork i use it at the full 11% i buy it at. Because I generally clean the areas before hand quickly they are already wet so once it hits the surface it is diluted anyway. Decking / fencing I aim for about 3% to try and take the stains out of the wood but leave some natural color in it.

I would say for most jobs start at about 7% and get stronger until it cleans what you need it to clean.

a 3% concentration is what is in the regular thin bleach bottles at the super market. So if you find yourself short whilst doing some wood then just nip into the local tesco and pick some up for 40p/2l

Back