Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Company Registration

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Need a bit of help.

I have come up with a company name which i would like to register, the name is available on companies house, i have looked on google ect. and cant see anyone else trading under the name. Do i simply pay £60 roughly and secure the name ? any advice would be great cheers . (I am currently a sole trader)

Not sure if you mean this but.......

when I first set up I paid £13 for two company names (via company house) but didn't realise that these had to be LTD companies in order to purchase them.

So I then got asked to complete tax returns for each and had to go through the process of making them dormant.

If I was to go back to the beginning and start all over again I wouldn't have bothered. As far as I'm aware you can't be a sole trader and LTD so that is also something to be wary of.

At the end of the day though the best bit of advice always given on the forum - speak to an accountant /emoticons/smile.png

I have come up with a name for my window cleaning company and i want to secure it as in register it, before i go and get the name slapped all over my van for e.g. How do i do this ?

Thanks again

You can only "secure" a name if you are a limited company. If you are a soletrader then you can use any name you like to trade under, but if Joe Bloggs also likes your business name in the next town he can also call his business the same as yours.

As above. If you are trading as "John smith" and change to "super squeaky cleany Windows" you do need to inform HMRC.

Back