Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac drum insert

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gutta Clean

Hello everyone. First time here!

I've been clearing out gutters for some time, using a ladder, some slim poles with a scraper attached to one end, and a bucket.

I have it down to a fine art, but have been toying with the idea of getting a vac. Adding up pros and cons of ladder work and vac work, I decided it would be a useful addition, allowing me to work in windy weather, wet weather, and enabling me to clean gutters over conservatories, in areas of limited space etc. So I bought one. Not expensive, but a 3000w one with aluminium poles. I've used it twice. The poles get heavy when muck sticks to the inside of them, but carbon poles are out of my price range, for now.

Anyway, to my point, my vac does not have a tilt function like more expensive models. So, to empty it is problematic. My question is, can I place a suitably sized (diameter wise) container inside the drum that I can just lift out and empty when I've finished?

Many thanks.

If you cut a hole in a rubbish bag for the inlet i imagine that could do the trick. Just get some good solid garden ones and you might need to put something in the bottom to weigh them down a bit so the don't get sucked up to the filter.

If you have a bucket of clean water, sucking it up will clean the muck from inside your poles

I use a gorilla buckets in my vacs with handles either side. this will do the trick!!!! and they are inexpensive, also drill holes in the base to allow access water to drain out

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a bucket of clean water, sucking it up will clean the muck from inside your poles

I use a gorilla buckets in my vacs with handles either side. this will do the trick!!!! and they are inexpensive, also drill holes in the base to allow access water to drain out
Do you guys take the filter out when sucking wet :turd: up? Will water get to the motors with the filter out?

a container in I think it will either be so tight it will get wedged stuck, or too loose and fly around inside and allow stuff under it.

I use it without filter

Last edited by a moderator:
I use mine without filter pretty much all the time right now because nothing is every dry:p going to New Zealand in March so at least I will get some dry weather then.

Back