Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Interior glass conservatory roof cleaning

CCS

Hi Guys

Just been asked to do my first conservatory. They want all inside windows done and inside roof done.

Im just finding it a bit daunting. How is best to go about cleaning the inside of the roof?

I avoid cleaning inside conservatory roof at all cost.

I say get a wagtail with a flipper on the end of small pole or use a step ladder and reach with you squeegees

Good luck

Step ladders and use as little water as you can get away with. You may need to move the furniture out too, or at least sheet it up first, Dexter style :hehehe:

I use a squeegee on a pole preferably a 0° or wagtail

You have to be carefull though as dirty water that drips on to porous painted walls stains as I learnt the hard way

I use a microfibre mop. Spray a very small amount of glynn window cleaner on it & use mop to clean it & flip mop over to buff it. Painstaking tho & never do them when its sunny

I cleaned my first internal glass roof last week,and used step ladder and squeegee.

Wish I had an extension pole,as you do get neck ake.

Thankfully the lady was just moving in so no furniture in the way.

You could go to screw fix and by your self a hop up,they come in two heights depending on how vertically challenged you are.

Good luck.

I use a damp scrim to clean them and a dry one to dry them off, and work on small areas at a time. I take a tall step ladder, some of those roofs are quite high on the large conservatorys

I hate stepladders

Dodgy things they are

Pole and wagtail flipper is good

Have toyed with the idea of using one of these microfibre floor mops with the swivel head and changeable microfibre pads

I use ungers indoor system (not the stingray) unger tuff mircocleaning pad, then wipe water of with a fine micro pad. And as a cleaner i usr pure water in a spraybottle to spray the tuff micro pad. They come up spotless also grest on internal velux out of reach.

Karcher window vac for inside conny roofs, use a nice mix of pure or tap water, some white vinegar and ecover or similar, dont go at them with a soaking mop, just enough so it dont drip, then pull the karcher out and vac away.

They're f'kin excellent
Language Timothy!! :eek:o:

karcher is gd for it
They both are good, a Karcher is around £60 I believe but the downside from what I hear is that the battery life is about 25 minutes before needing a recharge, if like me you are likely to do the job then put it away in the back of the van then totally forget it till the next job it's needed for then it will be totally useless as I will have forgotten to recharge it. /emoticons/sad.png

The Stingray starts around £75 and runs on AAA batteries, so if I don't charge it I can nip to the corner store and grab a pack no bother. Also I have had a go with the demonstrator Stingray model at my suppliers and it really is a rather good tool.

I have used a stingray with the extensions on the huge mirrors inside a pub and also seen it used on inside office windows above stairs

I am going to get myself one soon

View attachment 6534

A long time i would guess

They are only used when you push the button to squirt some fluid which is not often

Back