Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New hose reels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eviestevie

Just purchased 2 of these

High quality,auto rewind very heavy

Much better than the pure freedom ones very impressed

No off to powder coaters to be done in pearlescent orange to match new colour scheme!

What reels do you all use?

My observations/concerns @Eviestevie.

15 meter? How much hose can you put on it?

Auto rewind indicates to me that the recoil spring inside will only accommodate 15 meters of hose which would be OK for an airline hose in a car workshop.

Another thing I would consider. Why do they only fit the hose guide with rollers top and bottom? Why don't they fit vertical rollers on the side as well so you can also pull the hose out to the side.

Winch Roller Fairlead STAINLESS STEEL Cable Guide Rollers 254mm Hole Centres

(Pure Freedom only fit 2 horizontal rollers as well.)

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I like the look of the Prolock heavy duty hose reel on sale with the Window Cleaning Warehouse. But it will only accommodate 100 meters of microbore hose. I prefer to continue to use minibore but 100 meters wouldn't fit on it comfortably.

We have had very good service out of the clover leaf sides hose reels with wheels. The one I've got is 9 years old and still going. All I've done is welded another strip of metal under the foot as that has worn away.

My observations/concerns @Eviestevie.
15 meter? How much hose can you put on it?

Auto rewind indicates to me that the recoil spring inside will only accommodate 15 meters of hose which would be OK for an airline hose in a car workshop.

Another thing I would consider. Why do they only fit the hose guide with rollers top and bottom? Why don't they fit vertical rollers on the side as well so you can also pull the hose out to the side.

Winch Roller Fairlead STAINLESS STEEL Cable Guide Rollers 254mm Hole Centres

(Pure Freedom only fit 2 horizontal rollers as well.)
The version I got holds 50 m but that is high pressure hose which inch thick so will hold roughly 200 m of micro

They are very solid reels much better than anything I've had

I paid 290 for 2 which is half price retail

There

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bit off subject here but is there any specific way yous put the reels in the van so that they don't fall over ?

You see iv thought about this but I lift my reel out and place it whatever way I'm going to pull the hose out as I park the easiest way if you get me

You see iv thought about this but I lift my reel out and place it whatever way I'm going to pull the hose out as I park the easiest way if you get me
Have a look at the thread "a thought for the newbies". That's my set up that's a bit different. Might help, might not

Will the 'auto retract' have enough guts to pull in 100 meters dragging it around walls and fence posts loaded with water etc?

I also think it will only pull out the 15 meters as that's how far the spring will wind up. I would try it with a length of hose before I send it to be colour coded. It's like a large version of the spring on a wind up toy; you can only wind it up so much before the spring is fully tight.

I also think it will only pull out the 15 meters as that's how far the spring will wind up. I would try it with a length of hose before I send it to be colour coded. It's like a large version of the spring on a wind up toy; you can only wind it up so much before the spring is fully tight.
Spruce I have the 50m version

I don't fink it has limit to what it will spin and let hose out I've just span it about 200 full turns

It's a bit like a retractable garden hose

Spruce does the spring not only come in to play when you sharply tug the hose?

Spill the beans on where you got these please?! Im after two new reels
Hi mate there from a gem off a place near me called Derbyshire hose and fittings it's where I buy all my fitments connectors and pressure washing goodies now!

The reels are ridiculously well made and smooth and usually mega expensive but they did them for a steal!

Next to my pure freedom ones the difference in quality is unreal

Spruce I'm not sure the spring system on these works like that

If it wind up like a coiled spring wouldn't it retract quicker at the furthest point when he spring was loaded then as it lost tension creep on to the reel

These are a nice smooth constant retract!

Spruce I'm not sure the spring system on these works like thatIf it wind up like a coiled spring wouldn't it retract quicker at the furthest point when he spring was loaded then as it lost tension creep on to the reel

These are a nice smooth constant retract!
@Eviestevie, I just remembered the ones we had in the workshop. I know that's many years ago and things like this have become more technically advanced, so it was my thoughts based on old information. We had to replace a spring in one of them.

I guess we will know once you have fitted your hose to the reel and tried it out. The thing is that most us us don't use 100 meters of hose on a regular basis. I use 100 meters once a month. The rest of the time it maybe 20 or 30 meters as much of our current work isn't compact - a couple of houses here and there.

Back