Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brush Head for Solar Panels Advice Needed.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

A customer asked me to clean their solar panels today.

(This pic is provided for help discerning a price if you could help me.

BUT that isn't why I started this thread.)

I hear you have to use a soft brush on them, I wondered if anybody had any advice, those who clean solar panels regularly or those who sell them for if any were designed with Solar Panels in mind.

Thank you in advance, this will be my first Solar Panel job, even though many of my customers have them, and hence I will be opening up my options for the rest of my customers.

By the way, there is one pic with a set of panels 10x2.

In the second pic is another set of 10x2 and a further set in the far right of 15x2 but those are bigger.

I need definite help with pricing.

View attachment 343

View attachment 344

I hear you have to use a soft brush on them, I wondered if anybody had any advice, those who clean solar panels regularly or those who sell them for if any were designed with Solar Panels in mind.

Thank you in advance, this will be my first Solar Panel job, even though many of my customers have them, and hence I will be opening up my options for the rest of my customers.

Try and keep on topic, Brushes!!!!lol

In the second pic is another set of 10x2 and a further set in the far right of 15x2 but those are bigger.

If it helps check out my website it has all details about when to clean solar panel etc what brush do u use normally ? Most soft brushes clean solar panels i have a wide xtreme on mine seems to the job great .

i seen some guy useing a viken brush the other day when i went to cardiff

would of spoke to him but i had to be in a meeting at 9 and i seen him 8.50 lol

How do you guys work out priceing on these for a normal size panel what we talking £2-3 each if thay got over 10 ?

Sorry no idea about the brush but as for the price I would charge around £60/£70, shouldn't take long and there on the floor.

I think the prices seem a bit much what people on hear are asking you could not ask for a better clean it is basically 2 big windows 30 minutes work tops as i said today look at my website you can tell your customers when it should be done and you should get 2 cleans a year and dont forget use a xtreme brush it will glide over them solar panels

i seen some guy using a viken brush the other day when i went to cardiff

would of spoke to him but i had to be in a meeting at 9 and i seen him 8.50 lol

How do you guys work out priceing on these for a normal size panel what we talking £2-3 each if thay got over 10 ?

on a house i charge £30 minimum up to 10 solar panels (4x2 ft )and 2 each after that

If it helps check out my website it has all details about when to clean solar panel etc what brush do u use normally ? Most soft brushes clean solar panels i have a wide xtreme on mine seems to the job great .
Looking at the xtreme brush it seems suitable and well priced, so a soft one of these would do the trick?

Thankyou for your advice and your website provides good knowledge too. :rolleyes:

Looking at the xtreme brush it seems suitable and well priced, so a soft one of these would do the trick?

Thankyou for your advice and your website provides good knowledge too. :rolleyes:
Yes get the black one

I think the prices seem a bit much what people on hear are asking you could not ask for a better clean it is basically 2 big windows 30 minutes work tops as i said today look at my website you can tell your customers when it should be done and you should get 2 cleans a year and dont forget use a xtreme brush it will glide over them solar panels

on a house i charge £30 minimum up to 10 solar panels (4x2 ft )and 2 each after that
Yeah, some of the prices seem extreme, as these are all low level, so no could do with a 9foot pole.lol

I was thinking of charging £38.00

Then if they wanted it doing two or three times a year around 38.00.

As they have got quite mucky in the last three months, they only got installed in february(a lot of bird poo) then I may offer to clean it quarterly at maybe £30.00.

And the brush will be bought by the end of next week as I'm off on hol on Monday.

Back