Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Forget everything I ever said, I got it all wrong!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

As many know I have had canvassers come and canvassers go and whilst she does not know it yet Jade is about to be next to go, the quality of work the past couple of weeks has been diabolical.

Now as we all know I am probably the best window cleaner in the world ...... no, scratch that, Actually, not probably /emoticons/tongue.png

But on a serious note I am just as good as most on here at window cleaning but I am seriously good at canvassing on the doors.

I keep going through canvassers to bring us in more work when I think I should be doing is hiring another window cleaner and canvassing myself to bring in the work to keep him flat out.

I have proven time after time when working alongside other canvassers that I can double what they do in a day so why waste the resource of putting myself on the glass and pay others to canvass when surely it would be more productive to go on the doors myself and put someone else in my van?

Thoughts, suggestions?

I come to this conclusion after I put Jade on an are on Saturday, she called in the first 20 mins to ask about a job she was booking, the net job she booked was 3 doors down so obviously booked close together. 2 for a Saturday is a poor show, weather was nice as well

I worked that street today decided to knock 10 doors, got 3 new customers.

She says she did 5 hours, the GPS app in the phone I gave her shows that for 3 hours and 42 minutes of those 5 hours she was sitting in her front room.

Assuming you are a bit anal about the quality of your work like we all seem to be would you be happy with a noob cleaning your customers while you canvass?

Or do you know any good guys who have worked for you previously?

Seems to be swings and roundabouts as a shite cleaner can cost you customers also

It's a shame but there are so mamy people who although you could pay them a very good wage would still see what they could get away with

Too many dishonest windies about that i have learnt from experience

I know you've had iffy employees in the past from old posts

I just don't get that mentality from people

Almost wish she had mate, will save an uncomfortable conversation tomorrow, was going to have it tonight but the the Koppaberg conundrum got factored in and the law says I can't go for at least 12 hours.

Hate it when a Koppaberg Tsunami kicks in. /emoticons/tongue.png

Kopparberg

You gotta drink a few gallons to be over the limit ain't you??/emoticons/biggrin.png

If she is taking the pee then it has to be done though

Pro your lucky. She spent most of her time in her front room and she still got more than the bell end I had. Iv given it up as a bad job for now I'm going to bang and clean and see how it goes. At worst il get **** all which is as good as him and iv saved his wages.

That's the thing I wanted to employ someone part time to canvass an pay them some extra commission if they hit x amount of new customers.

But to be a good canvasser you also really need to be able to window clean, to be able to spot the type of houses likely to say yes, price correctly and suggest other jobs too like cleaning gutters etc and price them correctly.

No employee will ever be as motivated as the business owner. To them its a job they probably don't like just gives them some money. To us we get a high when getting new customers and only makes us knock on more doors

Maybe tell her you expect a target off x amount or she's gotta go, if she really needs the money or job she would try harder. Maybe spend a couple of hours every so often with her and push her..

I think the prob is as well when it comes to your business there is always going to be that element that others you employ don't do the job well enough. Its a case of better off doing it myself. Even if they do OK there is always that thing where you know what you want to achieve and how to do it and others just arnt going to do it the way you would.

Sitting on her **** in her house is no good though!

Been there done that Roy. It's come to a head and thats that.
If i hire another lad for this van then i have the responsibility to find him the work so that will be the push to get out and knock doors.
I understand your point. But you could have the same problem, he might go sick, start going slow because gets lazy.. so you would get the same issues..

do u think a factor might of been pay per hour ?
Well now you force the cat out of the bag @peter rogers, as you know i kept her age a guarded piece of info cause I saw no relevance to the question, but now you raise pay per hour it has some relevance.

Minimum wage for her age group is £3.87 per hour, I paid her £8 per hour and a £50 bonus for every day she bought in £120 of business.

If double minimum wage is not enough then how much should I be paying her?

mate that was good money like for her age how much hours per week she getting ? like wat else she want ? like how many hours she have to bring in 120 and how many days a week

Latest Posts

Back