Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

whats your go to pre treatment?

I normally use Selden Maxima, I have found that better than some stuff out there, but always buying new ones to try lol

Ubik or virosol

Leave for a few minutes max and don't leave to dry out

The green stuff melts away

Getting the roof wet first definitely helps avoid staining from drying out and using that method i have not stained anything

Ubix. Normal fascia cleans 25/ 1 really bad stronger mix I use a back pack pump through my pole and adjertate at the same time leave 5 mins pole off. Happy days

I have been told tfr is great..not as strong as virosol or ubik but no need to worry about staining upvc

You can let it dry completely with no damage

I use virosol mainly due to the fact it is strong enough that i never pre treat i just use it mixed with water on my brush (usually in a bucket to occasionally dip the brush in) and brush on a section of around 9 foot of fascia and gutter and immediately turn the water on and continue scrubbing which rinses most of it off anyway..final quick rinse then move to next section

Roofs i will do a couple of panels at 1 time using the same method if green or just brush on and hose off with customers tap before final rinse

Viro-sol for me, although I have tried Ubik and it seemed just as good. I use a 20-1 dilution, spray it on, leave it for 5 mins or so, being careful not to let it dry especially on sunny days. Then give it good old scrub with the brush , hose down with tap water, if custy will let you use their outside tap. repeat on really stubborn algy( very rare have to this). Then give a final light brushing and rinse with pure.

Latest Posts

Back