Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stormbird

8L water heater

Stormbird

Is any windy out there currently using an 8L water heater and if so how is it performing

I've just ordered one

Thanks Guys and girls

Lewis

Mine is awesome, which one did you order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Pro Clean Ltd

No. Im running a 6L at present. Doing a sound job.

HALTON

Any liknks you guys as I am looking

Also how you get rid of the fumes ?

Thanks

rcproperty

we use a eccotemp L5 heater. 5l ones is more than enough for what window cleaners need.

20151020_155455.jpg.fcc821de58144551b3f96364a55de7b7.jpg

rcproperty

Thanks

by keeping the doors open

HALTON
by keeping the doors open

Hi yes thanks you said on another thread but my van has van ports so doors are shut this is why I am asking how to vent it

Thanks

rcproperty
Hi yes thanks you said on another thread but my van has van ports so doors are shut this is why I am asking how to vent it

Thanks

then you will need to cut vents into you van and have ducting out

HALTON
then you will need to cut vents into you van and have ducting out

Thanks yes this is what I thought I'm just wondering if as my van is the old style dispatch on the passenger side there is like a plastic vent in the floor at the back this is were my hoses come out I wonder if a duct would fit down this vent.

Any ideas how big the ducts are.

Cheers

rcproperty
Thanks yes this is what I thought I'm just wondering if as my van is the old style dispatch on the passenger side there is like a plastic vent in the floor at the back this is were my hoses come out I wonder if a duct would fit down this vent.

Any ideas how big the ducts are.

Cheers

no that wont do it, it would have to go straight up or through the side of the van,

pipe would be about 4inches round.

HALTON
no that wont do it, it would have to go straight up or through the side of the van,

pipe would be about 4inches round.

OK thanks didn't know it couldn't go through floor oh well that's that idea gone

peter rogers

thought gas sinks as heavy so wud u not get the duct level were it comes out and have it thru the side of van as u dont want it coming out the bottom of vsn as if the fu,es build up round the exhaust and make boom boom lol

Green Pro Clean Ltd

@rcproperty I am sure HSE would have something to say about using your system 'doors closed' also remember you have a full bulk head so possibly not going to get bad enough on fumes to be worried, however for anyone out there without a bulk head this is just outright bad advice, you WILL need an exhaust port or if you can leave a back door open as I do mount your heater on the back door.

@peter rogers you are right gas is heavier than air so you also need ventilation in the floor to allow the escape of any leaked gasses. I have simply drilled a series of small holes in the floor around my gas bottle for this purpose.

kevinc250

i'm sure its only a matter of time before it'll be mandatory to have these gas heaters checked every year,

HALTON
thought gas sinks as heavy so wud u not get the duct level were it comes out and have it thru the side of van as u dont want it coming out the bottom of vsn as if the fu,es build up round the exhaust and make boom boom lol

Ouch that never came to mind lol

HALTON
@rcproperty I am sure HSE would have something to say about using your system 'doors closed' also remember you have a full bulk head so possibly not going to get bad enough on fumes to be worried, however for anyone out there without a bulk head this is just outright bad advice, you WILL need an exhaust port or if you can leave a back door open as I do mount your heater on the back door.

@peter rogers you are right gas is heavier than air so you also need ventilation in the floor to allow the escape of any leaked gasses. I have simply drilled a series of small holes in the floor around my gas bottle for this purpose.

Thanks for info rcproperty said door needs to be open if no vent

This is why I asked if I could run the vent to get rid of the fumes through the floor.

If you have your heater on the back door do you use it all day every day with door open

Has no one tried nicking it ?

steve garwood

I use a 6L fogwash. I just pull the chimney up (its like tin foil), close the back door until it touches the chimney, then I put a combination lock through the door handle and through a hoop that I've bolted on the other back door. This way I have ventilation all around the heater, plus a bit of security

rcproperty

gas sinks, only if there is a gas leak, the ducting is for the fumes that rise so allowing them to go out the van, like a boiler in your house.

rcproperty

for one I don't have a full bulk head there are lot of gaps around it. its just a board up.

non of my advise is bad as the fumes would be ducted straight out of the van if you have a full flue kit. hence why I said the flue would be out the side or above the heater and a flue pipe needed.

not just a vent

rcproperty
i'm sure its only a matter of time before it'll be mandatory to have these gas heaters checked every year,

legally any gas appliance have to be checked over by a qualified lpg fitter, just like food vans with all there equipment

Stormbird
Mine is awesome, which one did you order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lewis

I ordered the 'Fastar' 8L it's coming from Germany

Did you have any issues plumbing it in and what setting do you generally use on the controller.

I've been using a 12L heater but just keeps cutting out it requires

To great a flow rate to keep heater working.

Sorry to off load my troubles on you

Regards

James

HALTON
I use a 6L fogwash. I just pull the chimney up (its like tin foil), close the back door until it touches the chimney, then I put a combination lock through the door handle and through a hoop that I've bolted on the other back door. This way I have ventilation all around the heater, plus a bit of security

Any pics m8 or links to both heater and chimney ?

steve garwood

This is my system. I'll take a picture of the locking method tomorrow 5915ca7f2b6fa_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_WP_20151015_07_51_04_Pro.jpg.eff57d7647ff14c7e5d4b792448ed36a.jpg

David K

Thanks

Im not using Heater but my brother is getting his fumes Out by placing a aluminum flexhose on and just angle it Out of the van , great little solution ! :thumbsup:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.