Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

8L water heater

Stormbird

Is any windy out there currently using an 8L water heater and if so how is it performing

I've just ordered one

Thanks Guys and girls

Hi yes thanks you said on another thread but my van has van ports so doors are shut this is why I am asking how to vent itThanks
then you will need to cut vents into you van and have ducting out

then you will need to cut vents into you van and have ducting out
Thanks yes this is what I thought I'm just wondering if as my van is the old style dispatch on the passenger side there is like a plastic vent in the floor at the back this is were my hoses come out I wonder if a duct would fit down this vent.

Any ideas how big the ducts are.

Cheers

Thanks yes this is what I thought I'm just wondering if as my van is the old style dispatch on the passenger side there is like a plastic vent in the floor at the back this is were my hoses come out I wonder if a duct would fit down this vent.Any ideas how big the ducts are.

Cheers
no that wont do it, it would have to go straight up or through the side of the van,

pipe would be about 4inches round.

no that wont do it, it would have to go straight up or through the side of the van,pipe would be about 4inches round.
OK thanks didn't know it couldn't go through floor oh well that's that idea gone

thought gas sinks as heavy so wud u not get the duct level were it comes out and have it thru the side of van as u dont want it coming out the bottom of vsn as if the fu,es build up round the exhaust and make boom boom lol

@rcproperty I am sure HSE would have something to say about using your system 'doors closed' also remember you have a full bulk head so possibly not going to get bad enough on fumes to be worried, however for anyone out there without a bulk head this is just outright bad advice, you WILL need an exhaust port or if you can leave a back door open as I do mount your heater on the back door.

@peter rogers you are right gas is heavier than air so you also need ventilation in the floor to allow the escape of any leaked gasses. I have simply drilled a series of small holes in the floor around my gas bottle for this purpose.

thought gas sinks as heavy so wud u not get the duct level were it comes out and have it thru the side of van as u dont want it coming out the bottom of vsn as if the fu,es build up round the exhaust and make boom boom lol
Ouch that never came to mind lol

@rcproperty I am sure HSE would have something to say about using your system 'doors closed' also remember you have a full bulk head so possibly not going to get bad enough on fumes to be worried, however for anyone out there without a bulk head this is just outright bad advice, you WILL need an exhaust port or if you can leave a back door open as I do mount your heater on the back door.
@peter rogers you are right gas is heavier than air so you also need ventilation in the floor to allow the escape of any leaked gasses. I have simply drilled a series of small holes in the floor around my gas bottle for this purpose.
Thanks for info rcproperty said door needs to be open if no vent

This is why I asked if I could run the vent to get rid of the fumes through the floor.

If you have your heater on the back door do you use it all day every day with door open

Has no one tried nicking it ?

I use a 6L fogwash. I just pull the chimney up (its like tin foil), close the back door until it touches the chimney, then I put a combination lock through the door handle and through a hoop that I've bolted on the other back door. This way I have ventilation all around the heater, plus a bit of security

gas sinks, only if there is a gas leak, the ducting is for the fumes that rise so allowing them to go out the van, like a boiler in your house.

for one I don't have a full bulk head there are lot of gaps around it. its just a board up.

non of my advise is bad as the fumes would be ducted straight out of the van if you have a full flue kit. hence why I said the flue would be out the side or above the heater and a flue pipe needed.

not just a vent

i'm sure its only a matter of time before it'll be mandatory to have these gas heaters checked every year,
legally any gas appliance have to be checked over by a qualified lpg fitter, just like food vans with all there equipment

Mine is awesome, which one did you order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Lewis

I ordered the 'Fastar' 8L it's coming from Germany

Did you have any issues plumbing it in and what setting do you generally use on the controller.

I've been using a 12L heater but just keeps cutting out it requires

To great a flow rate to keep heater working.

Sorry to off load my troubles on you

Regards

James

Latest Posts

Back