Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

I have never delved into this, one of my customers asked me to do them last year as the fitter said get them cleaned twice a year to increase efficiency, I told him I didn't do them but may look into it? Anyway I've been asked by another one now so I'm thinking of maybe doing them? Problem is I don't know what pole to use, I have a SLX 18 and an SLX 22. Now obviously they won't reach so was thinking of adding sections to the SLX 22. Now I'm guessing that you probably need a SLX 35 so do I just add section 5 and 6 to make it a 35ft pole? Been puzzled by this as there is a SLX 25 which obviously is 3 foot longer than a SLX 22 but there isn't a 3 foot section is there, I thought all sections were 5 feet? Ideally I want to do both jobs together as I've got the added pain in the @rse of removing the base cap and adding the sections on. Can't justify paying over £800 for an Extreme pole because the pole would hardly be used, the price of those poles needs to come down.

I use a facelift phoenix 45ft pole to clean them, no problems with weight with that, think that's heavier than that

we use ex47 and carry 2x extens best bit is as from now were not charging our 4w customers any thing to clean there panels once a year we doing them free of charge

we use ex47 and carry 2x extens best bit is as from now were not charging our 4w customers any thing to clean there panels once a year we doing them free of charge
really giving work away free?? that's madness

really giving work away free?? that's madness
is it ?? we will see I always reward my long standing customers and they like that we give something back once in a while

yer it is, even with our customers that have them are happy to pay for the service, not giving away a min of £30 for solar panel cleaning

POLITE NOTICE.

This has turned into tit for tat and is getting well off topic. Several posts were removed to get this topic back on track.

Solar Steve if you wish to promote your course please do so on the sponsored thread you pay for.

Everyone else: If you wish to discuss Solar Steves business practices or ask him questiins please do so directly via PM with him or on his Sponsored thread.

Thank you.

weight becomes an issue as well the 39 is two and a half kilos.
Not really 2.5k as that is the weight unsupported. when you have it rested on a panel or window you will most likely find that the actual weight on you is closer to 1.5k.

Oh well my questions are not being answered I'll try CIU
Dont be like that Poles, I have not answered as I did not know, however using the same tools as you have (Google) I now know that it is apparently a different way or different type of carbon that is (or makes it) lighter and more rigid.

Modulus when referring to polymers is usually a measure of tensile strength.

Back