Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new flyers through custies doors

PDixon cvs

So someone has been flyering round where i work with flyers saying £1 a window frames and sills incluled trad it sounds very cheep to me beause that would make it £5 cheeper for custies on that street i wonder if this is normal priceing ? Any advice greatfully reciveed

I've had most my customers since day one I have a great relationship with most off them as they have become friends as well they often tell me some one as been knocking about window cleaning if you provide a good professional service why worry your customers will stay with you. Any body is free to canvas wherever they want it's a free world as they say and if a customer s going to dump you for a couple of £ there not worth having [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was my custies that told me and im not worryied i was just wondering if this was normal priceing or if he was just cutting of his own nose just makes priceing new work a little harder

It depends

Most people price per window or by time taken

I price by how long the job would take to get my hourly rate

Seems a lot go per window but i don't think that is the best way

Yeah thats how i price my custies are loyal and love my work so happy with that but just loooking at slow growth and ways to combat that and make sure im not pricing to high

I agree that £1 per window / door is reasonable. If that's undercutting you by a fiver per job welm fair play to you.

I personally feel (residential) that £1 per window or door is becoming nationwide industry standard (excluding the overchargers in London /emoticons/tongue.png)

When I price a job I always try to consider what price that needs to be in order to keep that customer loyal. It does not matter how loyal you think they are sooner or later if a noob startup came along at £10 per job less you would see quite a loss.

Sounds like quite a clever form of advertising. There's a chap down here that says 'Prices start from as little as £3.50 per house'

....he reels them in and then builds from there. It's one of the oldest tricks in the sales book.

Sounds like quite a clever form of advertising. There's a chap down here that says 'Prices start from as little as £3.50 per house'
....he reels them in and then builds from there. It's one of the oldest tricks in the sales book.
Oh yes when we drop our gutter clearing flyers it always says prices 'from' £25

Gotta go with what works.

Where are they from Clearview?

I'm not that far from you and a number of leaflets have been put out here too. One of the Tiverton guys said he intended to expand into the more rural areas this year.

Im based i silverton 7 miles out of tiverton and yes rural round here im all up for being compitive was just wondering if i was priceing myself out of work i chaged slightly more because a lot of my houses where one job then few miles to next house not really housing esfates

Only 7 miles from me but i really only go over as far a thorverton that way i deciced to stay out of crediton if anyone else from crediton contacts me i could forward to your number if you would like its better than me just saying no i dont cover

The pricing is pretty much how I work out my rates although I consider a £1 window to be one I can clean from one pitch of the ladder and contains one fixed pane and usually a top opener. Any more than that the price starts increasing.

price spot on at 1 pound so if he undercuttin u by roughly 5 u must be on 1.50 a window fair plaay

and yes if u lose customers to him he is entitled to them as customers can change if they want /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back