Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello everybody. What is your experiences regarding batteries? I have a gel-battery that is less than 4 months old and now i cant recharce it fully. Some say it "dies" if exposed to subzero temperatures, but it has barely been that (close though) is a car battery total out of the question?

View attachment 6401

Hello everybody. What is your experiences regarding batteries? I have a gel-battery that is less than 4 months old and now i cant recharce it fully. Some say it "dies" if exposed to subzero temperatures, but it has barely been that (close though) is a car battery total out of the question?
No, but its not ideal. Most of us use leisure batteries.

A car battery is designed to deliver a large amount of power in short bursts (to start the engine) and then to be fully charged again when the engine is running. A leisure battery won't take that power surge as its designed to deliver power more slowly over a longer period of time. (The plates inside the battery are constructed or made differently.)

Some have found using second hand car batteries from a scrap yard works for them as they are cheap and easily replaced with another cheap one. They are happy if they last 6 months.

I don't know anything about gel batteries so I can't help you there.

Keeping a flooded cell battery (car battery and leisure battery) fully charged is important for battery life. We find in cold months I tend to recharge our leisure battery every night but every second night in the summer. I also have a split charge relay so the van does recharge the battery when the engine is running, but its very limited as we don't do enough mileage.

Batteries don't like extreme cold. The colder they are the worse they perform.

try powerline ones mate and charge every night or every other as above, I use powerline and had no issues has yet in cold or anything.......

Can't go much wrong with a quick squint on eBay. £45 for an 85ah leisure battery with a 3 yr warranty. !!!.

Check out this item I found on eBay: eBay

Just keep it charged up every day or two overnight with a decent inexpensive smart battery charger. Lidl & Aldi always have some good ones for around £13.

I use two battery's . 1 on charge and 1 in use.

Sent from my Turbo_mini_F1 using Window Cleaning Forums

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gel batteries if over charged damage very easy.

Can't go much wrong with a quick squint on eBay. £45 for an 85ah leisure battery with a 3 yr warranty. !!!.Check out this item I found on eBay: eBay

Just keep it charged up every day or two overnight with a decent inexpensive smart battery charger. Lidl & Aldi always have some good ones for around £13.

I use two battery's . 1 on charge and 1 in use.

£45.00 very cheap even to cheap. Anyone tried these and how much is that postage if you need to return and will they honour 3 years ??

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The two I have got are still going strong 12mths and 18mths. Sometimes its how you look after things , like all things you could buy one twice the price, but if you don't look after it and keep it tip top charged it wont last 6 mths.

£45.00 very cheap even to cheap. Anyone tried these and how much is that postage if you need to return and will they honour 3 years ??
Good questions. This is why I would always buy locally. A caravan leisure center will always have a supply of fresh leisure batteries if there is one near you. Halfords is another outlet. Yes, a little more expensive but at least a faulty unit can be cheaply returned.

I had two 85ah batteries over time. Bench charged. Both let me down after a short time leaving me with work incomplete for the day.

I now use a 115 ah battery with a split relay (Smartcom) been on the van for over two years, never bench charged and always ready for work.

Back