Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Bucket Holder in Van

G

So I've been working out of a car for 9 years and this week have moved over to a van to able me to change to the wfp.

Using my boot was great, I have one bucket full off gear on the right, a 25 litre tank of water in centre and then on the left was my bucket of water.

The bucket of water never fell over as it was nice and snug.

My question is, a bucket of water alone in the van, I know it's going to fall over all the time if I don't create some kind of holder for it.

What does everyone do to combat this?

Lou

Mine has never fell over, do you use the proper windows cleaning bucket? At the start I had a wooden frame screwed to the floor to stop it sliding but it's been off ages now and has never moved

It's probably not the answer you're looking for but I always keep my bucket empty. I've got my tank and six drums filled with pure water and then the rest of my gear. If I ever need to fill my bucket (which isn't often now I'm wfp) I fill it from an extra 25l drum of tap water that I keep on board or from a customers tap. I hardly ever trad any more but I keep a few squirty water bottles filled with tap water which is more than enough for the odd window or when I do insides. Even when I was trad I didn't use the bucket much. I keep a bottle of water on my belt next to my bucket on a belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Unless it was new cleans when I was trad i would use a big squirty bottle of ready made solution and just squirt applicator

Old 5l virosol container full of solution in the back to refill from

Bucket just to hold my tools and bottles etc

Interesting replies, squirt bottle rather than bucket sounds like a big save on time and effort.

Yes Unger green bucket, not massive, big enough for me.

First cleans you really need a bucket but fill from customers tap and have just water in it

Squirt soap straight on to applicator and tip water afterwards

we use ice boxes from wilko(for trading,holding water etc),decent handle & a decent water tight lid.

i have cut a bit old ply so it fits inside my bucket, i just lob it in so it sort rest over my applicator, it stops the water sloshing about & I get no spills. The bucket has never fallen over in the back of my van, but then I do only poodle around these days.

Boarcity has good taste, that's the bucket in question!

Good suggestion thanks /emoticons/wink.png

Back