Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Preferred brush?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jason Etheridge

Hi guys.

Okay let's talk brush!

I've been using a cheap'o brush for ages... I've just got a gardiner radius sill brush and can't believe how light it is and what a really great clean it does.

Well worth the upgrade /emoticons/smile.png

Does anyone else use sill brushes? I know unger do some also!

Jase

I love talking brushes lol

Yep the Gdr's sill is a beautiful brush but light it is not, I use it solely for cladding, soffits and fascias

They used to do the best extreme but they have lightening them too much for me,

My favourite brush of all time is tecbuk hybrid, beats any other hands down.

Next is Gdr's new boars hair hybrid, then summertime the extremes just are the fastest brushes in the world

mine is currently the xline mono brush was the gardiner supreme medium hybrid but after using xline one all week I love it and matches my business colours too lol /emoticons/smile.png still like gardiner gear though and use it on my slx 25 but like the look of the xline pocket 3k oe still but not the price /emoticons/sad.png

I use the Gardiner light, big difference to the Vikkan rectangle brush I used to use it was like a brick on the end of the pole however bristles on the Gardiner are softer than I would like and there for not as quick at removing tough stains.

Xtreme brushes but only last about 6 weeks before they lose their scrubbing power every other brush is like a brick , Just waiting for the new release of the Ultimate brush should be 1st March finger crossed

Gardiners cill brush on all three of my poles, love em
Why do you like the sill brushes so much ? Iv only ever tried super lite medium mixed and extreme , fancy a new brush but just going to wait on the new gardeners brush

I bought an X-line sill brush. I've used it twice and I don't like it. I might bang it on fleabay along with some other brushes I don't use.

Why do you like the sill brushes so much ? Iv only ever tried super lite medium mixed and extreme , fancy a new brush but just going to wait on the new gardeners brush
For years I used a standard brush and assumed it was doing a good job of cleaning the upper cills. However, one day a customer asked me to clip a piece of guttering together. So up the ladder I went and wasn't happy with what I saw regarding the upper cill. There were bits of black and green ****

So a ordered a cill brush and when I tried it I could feel the brush 'dragging' onto the dirt and saw the muck flying of the cills.

I find a standard brush 'skids' along the cill, where as a cill brush scrubs the cill so removes stuck on dirt better.

Best for cleaning windows lol

It just means no changing angle or standing in funny positions to do the sills

Do the glass.. drop brush down to bottom frame.. scrub sill and frame..job done

So it will clean the window the same and just has the angle for sill. What type of sill brush do you use

The top part is still flat identical to a standard brush

The bottom has a few extra rows of bristles that curve away from the glass leaving a good edge sitting on the sill

i like the tecbuk brushes as mch as i hate richard and his crxxxap custmer service lol the hibrid has got some scrubing power the black is king on lead windows boath r very nce as long as the stock dont bend lol my black has bin fine but ive had to hibrids that looked like bannah's:rolleyes::gush:

10696276_1527088967553098_2418459521245931078_n.jpg
now fixed /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back