Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

birds in loft

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

customer asked me to find out where some birds are getting into her loft and stop it . iv said i will look next week.

said she will pay...my reply ,, "OF COURSE !"

Whats the going rate for this ? can it be complicated ?

Bird in the hand is worth two in the loft.

Expanding foam isn't cheap.

All depends on where they are getting in from, may be a small hole that you can't see. Also depends on what they are going in from too, and is the custy going to be happy with you lobbing some expending foam through a gap, then there is the smell they will create when decomposing after you trap them in there (don't know the layout of the house but rats and mice can stink for 2 weeks) birds if they have laid eggs, will also try and attack if threatened so wear goggles, and make sure they are indeed birds and not bats first as its illegal to do anything to bats.

Messing with some types of nesting birds is a serious criminal offence. Not just owls and other birds of prey but little song birds too.

Dependant on the birds in question you could end up doing some bird.

I have been asked to remove nests from varios places in the past and it's always 'nope sorry' dont mind popping some anti pigeon spikes up when they arent there but anything more than that forget it.

I wouldn't touch this job for reasons mentioned, could come back to haunt you. They won't pay enough for it to be worth messing with either, I'd say 'insurance doesn't cover it soz'

Just give them the number of a local pest controller mate, it's not worth the time or aggro unless joy are charging what they charge. And the only reason they are asking a windy is because they want it on the cheap.

cheers for the info/tips gents . Because she said "i will pay you" in a slightly mocking tone, as if im a pauper- what im thinking i will do is go up my ladder and find the hole in, then possibly expand it a tad -so that really big birds can get in . i will then tell her that i Think iv got it, but no guarantee, and refuse payment. this could run and run, im thinking she will get desperate.What i really want her to look like is the ladys face in my avatar!

i may even buy a stuffed bat, on Ebay and a plaster to stick on the bridge of my nose!

cheers for the info/tips gents . Because she said "i will pay you" in a slightly mocking tone, as if im a pauper- what im thinking i will do is go up my ladder and find the hole in, then possibly expand it a tad -so that really big birds can get in . i will then tell her that i Think iv got it, but no guarantee, and refuse payment. this could run and run, im thinking she will get desperate.What i really want her to look like is the ladys face in my avatar!
i may even buy a stuffed bat, on Ebay and a plaster to stick on the bridge of my nose!
You mean that's not you in the avatar ? I've been miss led

The gas bottle which is the whole butt is good for a 500 pellet tin at standard settings

With the regulator opened up like mine I'm lucky to get 50 shots

Have to then fill it up at the local diving shop

if there is bats you are bolloxed
Yep my mates neighbour has bats in their loft and they are making a hell of a mess of the loft and house and there is nothing they can do absoloutely crazy!!

tomorros the big day . it can go one of 2 ways 1.[ this is the one im leaning towards] -faking the job, but leaving the birds intact to carry on their merry way

2. stuffing up the entry hole with a carrier bag thatll be in my pocket.

Back