Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carpet cleaning in the rain

Lewis

I've been carpet cleaning [emoji106]
cc19c2b8cf94e16a4f54c2b04a101438.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U can't have too many strings to your cleaning bow.

I did a suite and a through lounge u it's great earning money when it's raining outside and u r inside earning good money.

What machine do u run ?

That looks like a Ashbys wand !

Oliver Collins rise n shine cleaning

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Window Cleaning Forums

Got a prochem steam pro machine, was hard money today ha ha.

I always try and book carpets for when's it's raining. Never plans out that way tho. Good results tho
0b87a99971e36063ca3d30612cd14478.jpg

Not at the minute been carpet cleaning quite a long time I use to take loads I will try to take some next time I use it !

U done any encapping yet ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Window Cleaning Forums

Encapping? Confused now dude ha ha, I've done about 50 jobs that's all. Think I'm over cleaning but getting good results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hunty, My other line of work i do refurbishment so i often arrange cleaning for customers so probably arrange cleaning for minimum 30 plus jobs a year,

As alot of these are rented out places no one cares about the carpets, so might as well offer landlords carpet cleaning and make a bit extra from each customer.

don't want spend a grand plus (then training costs, mats, maintenance) as i'll spend alot of the time just trying to earn my money back if the start up costs are too high i'll just skip it.

thanks for your help

the rugdoctor any good for rare cleans?
They are kind of frowned upon and laughed at in the carpet cleaning business. A bit like cleaning a customers windows with a wilko squeegee.

You need a good extractor really. A minimum of 130 psi pump and twin vacs is usually the advice given. New machines start at about 1500 for an entry level one then upwards depending on hose run and power etc.

Have a look on ebay for a second hand machine if you can. Prochem, extracta, airflex, altec are a few good makes.

Plus 1 on what adamangler said, thing is @greenhorn84 you may think they don't care as but they will not wanna pay top dollar and get a sub standard service, you may as well get a vat carpet wash as a rug doctor will not do anything on heavy traffic areas, I will be selling a prochem power plus soon where are you based?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My main business was carpet cleaning. The one piece of advice I could give greenhorn is get training. How else could you spot a BW that can possibly shrink with just a pre spray if it's not been laid properly. Or sea grass or sisal that you would destroy by wet cleaning. You could get away with it for ages but it would bite you in the ass at some point with an insurance claim. Since starting windows I'm mainly doing both low moisture and dry cleaning in both domestic and commercial. I've kept a porty but rarely use it now.

Thanks Dan i know what you mean with been bitten, I'm normally over the top with the training and learning as at least if something does go wrong i know i tried my best to prevent it.

See it so often with the tiling where i see people doing things that in theory should fail (but the people get away with it..most of the time).

First time impressions are more often than not the last impressions. The way you maintain your office space and it cleanliness says a lot the way you conduct your business. An unclean, filthy carpet is indicative of a carefree attitude of an office.

Unclean carpets in offices not just affect the branding and business prospects of a company but also affect the health of those around it. Carpets that are not cleaned regularly and well-maintained properly can lead to plenty of health problems such as allergy to bacteria, fungi and mites. Moreover, it causes degradation of environment and affects the quality of air indoors.

Carpet Cleaning Floreat

Hi all.

I have a well established Window Cleaning company in essex with over 300 customers but am just branching out into carpet cleaning.

I am a total novice and looking for all the advice I can get on which machine to choose and pricing jobs.

Any hints or tips would be very appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy - Alt Window Cleaning

Back