Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which size triples

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Elliot

I'm doing a bit of fascia work but I'm not keen on using the pole . So I want some ladders to reach the gutters safely . Now I've narrowed it down to the lyte trade 10 rung triples or 12 rung triples . Are the 10 rungs long enough or are the 12 rungs too long and heavy and not get used . Cheers el

iv two sets of the lytes triple ten rungs and these reach gutters very easily. you wont carry them all day long as theyre pretty heavy but fine for the oddjob

actually im selling one of these sets right now theyre on ebay auction[my ebay name is junnyald]selling with no reserve as iv no use for them as i stopped doing 3 storey ladderwork this year

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply boar city . But when buying ladders I really would like to buy brand new . For the price they cost I won't to know they are spot on . But your experience 10 rungs will reach gutters comfortably . By the way I have no intention of doing 3 story work , these are just to reach gutters on average houses . But I do not want to be stretching . Cheers el

I've been eyeing up a set of ABRU 6.92m triples from b&q there £98, I've been using my father in laws ABRU doubles and they aren't too bad weight wise. Plus with these triples all of the sections are the same size so you could take the middle section out when it's not needed

I've been eyeing up a set of ABRU 6.92m triples from b&q there £98, I've been using my father in laws ABRU doubles and they aren't too bad weight wise. Plus with these triples all of the sections are the same size so you could take the middle section out when it's not needed

Actually just looked boar city . They look ok , but suffolks a bit far from Yorkshire . I think the 10 rung ones should be fine for most gutter work .

I would swerve them abru ones . I've just ordered the lyte trade 10 rung triples .£115 delivered from midland ladders . For the extra £17 they are a lot more robust . Good word that . Bring on the gutter jobs .

I do have a decent set of doubles . Bit I did a gutter job the other day which I needed to get the micro light sat on the roof . It nearly killed me trying to get sat on the roof . Now I've never used triples but the guy I was doing the job for came out cos he saw me struggling . He said its a lot easier raising triples to the roofline than doubles .

I think my double has 12 or 13 rungs and it's easy enough put up , I don't use a micro light so wouldn't no . I used to have a a wee triple and when the 3rd section was off it was light as a feather and with the 3rd section on it was heavier than you would think

My new triples have just arrived . Well impressed perfect height and weight for roofline work . A lot easier raising them with a microlight on than the doubles . They also have some kind of safety clasp on the side which when in position hold the rung in place . Wouldn't bother using it for day to day trad work .but I will defo use it on all gutter work . So my doubles are now for sale if there's anyone local need a solid pair , already spiked up ,perfect for trad work . Cheers. El

12313903_1630013833927277_5453238818755016831_n.jpg
12108262_1618425978419396_6038924567022128712_n.jpg

Is the price of the stand off worth it tho ?? That seems a lot but I've never seen or used one so don't know the benefits.

The well worth it . You won't feel the need to use it on every job . But makes the job easier on most gutter clears and any jobs were they have deep soffits , also when wide windows get in the way of were you would normally rest your ladder . But they weigh a tonne when they are on the end of the ladder . I find it quite hard sometimes raising the ladder with it on .

i payed £20 for my microlite got it second h\nd off a guy they often pop up on e.bay when a compny have to change them due to hs there well; wrth having i use mine every now and then as i use vac now for gutter clearing but its just nce to h\ave in the van i have loads of tools that only get use now and again but i no there there when i need them

Back