Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Opinions - Facelift Compact

Danfire

I've been cleaning mostly traditional for the past three years and bought a backpack and pole for a few windows I couldn't access from a ladder or the pitch wasn't safe.

I have a friend that has a factory where they have a massive RO unit making thousands of gallons of water. This gets used somewhere in the manufacture of whatever it is they produce. He has been supplying me with barrels water that I have been using for window cleaning (with great results).

I've been considering a van mount to do a bit more WFP cleaning but was a bit put off by some of the prices. On the WCW site there are some new Facelift Compact systems that are closer to my price range and with my limited knowledge I think they might fit the bill.

Does anyone have any experience or opinion of these products and is there anything else I should be considering? Thanks for any advice.

I've been looking at the facelift compact systems too so I'll be interested to see what advice you get.

A lot of people will tell you that you can make your own system for less money which is true.

I spoke to someone at WCW because I wanted to know what the procedure was if, for example, the pump failed. They said that each component is easily removable and they keep all the components in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was considering this to at the beginning of the year.. the problem I have is there is just not enough information about the compact, I think there is it 425 L model coming out this month, and another concern was that if there was an issue with the battery and had to be replaced or if the pump failed and had to be changed.when I spoke to them I asked if they could get back to me when they have a more descriptive video. It also looks like you can bolt it :whistle:through to the chassis but again no information about stretch bands:thumbsdown:

If your going to the trouble of a ready built system why would you want to fit it yourself?

In my opinion the best out there at the minute is Grippatank great product,great support you can add bit on as you go ro,di or hot water and its crash tested.

It also handles very well with a fully baffled tank and a low centre of gravity you can hardly tell its in the van.

Nope @Bingo. No vested interest whatsoever other than seeing our fellow windys get a service they deserve.

I have dealt with WCW, X-line, Mr Scargil, Cleaning Spot and a couple of others and been let down by each of them. I believe in giving my customers the best possible service available and believe as a customer I should expect nothing less.

Never dealt with Grippa so my only comment there is seems a bit pricey.

I have never been let down by TCW. They stock everything I need and want, rapid delivery, knowledgable staff. So when someone asks for advice on where to shop for something in all good conscience it's the place I recommend.

I also like Mr Gardiners products very much /emoticons/smile.png

P..S. I am also a massive fan of Jordan King at Waterworks (Power Up Reels) another leading example of customer service.

green: does adam davies fit wfp systems as he would be close to me?could you please give me his contact details!!!

Thanks to all for the responses...There have been a few alternatives suggested...the system I was looking at is the larger 425 litre tank for just over 1k with the vat...that's the kind of money I'm happy to spend...are the alternatives suggested around the same sort of money?

Vouching for Adam Davies (TCW) also. Very helpful on the phone. I have ordered all the components I need to DIY my own RO/DI Van mount for a fraction of the price I could find anywhere else...great route to go down if you are on a budget. Expecting delivery this week and I'm excited to get stuck in!

Dragbag, I just found this on YouTube and thought of your thread.

[media]

[/media]

I've been cleaning mostly traditional for the past three years and bought a backpack and pole for a few windows I couldn't access from a ladder or the pitch wasn't safe.
I have a friend that has a factory where they have a massive RO unit making thousands of gallons of water. This gets used somewhere in the manufacture of whatever it is they produce. He has been supplying me with barrels water that I have been using for window cleaning (with great results).

I've been considering a van mount to do a bit more WFP cleaning but was a bit put off by some of the prices. On the WCW site there are some new Facelift Compact systems that are closer to my price range and with my limited knowledge I think they might fit the bill.

Does anyone have any experience or opinion of these products and is there anything else I should be considering? Thanks for any advice.
I have the 325 compact it is fine only issue ive had is it got a air lock one and the hose has froze twice now i just cover it on a night.

the pump is easy to get to and the control pad with no issues you just take the cover off on the side same for the battery it came on a pallet i just slid it in my van and that was it the fitting kit i didnt use i just used straps my tranny van floor is well you know its a tranny lol.

I cant see any issue of such if the pump etc goes as you can get to it fine.

I didnt bother with the DI option or extras such as reel,i have a 4040 set up at home so no need for the DI bit added on.

Its a nice bit of kit tidy no pipes allover.

oh and one last thing this can sit either way in your van depending on what you have i have mine side ways upto the head board so it dosent take room up....just be aware that the hose on top you CAN remove it and turn it round WCW told you couldnt do this and was goin to charge me £150 to take it off and give me another hose reel jokers.

Its 4 bolts i have mine facing the back doors as acording to WCW it would only come out of the side door lol.

I have the 325 compact it is fine only issue ive had is it got a air lock one and the hose has froze twice now i just cover it on a night.
the pump is easy to get to and the control pad with no issues you just take the cover off on the side same for the battery it came on a pallet i just slid it in my van and that was it the fitting kit i didnt use i just used straps my tranny van floor is well you know its a tranny lol.

I cant see any issue of such if the pump etc goes as you can get to it fine.

I didnt bother with the DI option or extras such as reel,i have a 4040 set up at home so no need for the DI bit added on.

Its a nice bit of kit tidy no pipes allover.
Cheers for all the info. I've been thinking about one of these for a while. Do you just run an extension cable to your van to charge it?

I'v yet to see pics of one mounted a van...(hint...hint):love:

Value for money?? Also with a black tank how do you keep a note off how many litres you have left.

Back