Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much are you new boys earning at the moment (traditional)

mrtaytay

I was just wondering how much dosh all you new boys were earning .I have been full time since November, seem to be busy all the time, but only seem to earn between 60 and 70 quid a day. Admittedly, I made a few pricing errors to begin with, which I have to live with, but I am sure that what I am earning falls way short of a regular experienced windy.

60 to 70 quid a day is a start mate dont beat yaself up over it rome wasnt built in a day .

all you have to do is make sure you are earning what you want to earn or you are building up to what you want to earn

i myself have a few jobs lined up but will get there im not expecting miracles myself .

Speed is one of the key things with me. I get a little obsessed with the detailing, which slows me down, though the customers notice this, so get loadsa recommendations.

£70 a day is great mate

mind me asking how big your round is atm ? and where do u wanna be ?

Hiya Welsh. I have about 150 customers, the cheapest being a fiver (only have a couple at this price), most expensive 58 quid. I could take on more but have found that some of my regular customers are asking me to do other jobs for them. One lady customer wants me to spend a day a week doing her garden. I also help a another lady with an hotel she has....grounds maintenance etc. I think what I need to do is start getting a more compact round, although the furthest I have to travel is five miles. I have noticed that it is more profitable when you get a few houses side by side on a nice new estate, so will be looking at that. There is loads of work out there...cant believe how fast the round has built up. Just need to speed up!

Gav....I brougt ones of these unger fine weave micro fibres the other day. 24 inch by 32 inch. Its fantasic for getting a nice dry edge. Very absorbant.

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=145&SectionID=47

Blue Monkey...about 9 till five or just after. I also have a lot of very talkative customers!!

A day a week doing gardens, I personally wouldn't do that, just stick to window cleaning. Its regular all year round work you want, focus on that. I hope you are charging her a sensible day rate, £80-£100, and not £60 for a days work slogging it in her garden.

mrtaytay your doing really well... and detailing is important.... never rush mate... it always pays off in the end... 60/70 quid a day is really good to be honest....

your on a mountain mate..... you can only climb up it and earn more..... you may fall down now and then when customers cancel... but you will always pick up replacements. lol

150 mate thats where i want to be so you doing well imo

and with the gardening thing id keep doing it but as long as you pick the day so it suits you not her i cant see it beging a problem

tbh mate £70 is good oviosly this will get higher in time

what sort of marketing have you done canvassing flyers ?

Speed is one of the key things with me. I get a little obsessed with the detailing, which slows me down, though the customers notice this, so get loadsa recommendations.
Detailing is important. Never skimp on it. I gotta mate who took a mate on. My mate does bottoms other chap does tops. I've watched him and he does not detail. Just worries how quick he can get done & my mate wonders why he's losing work & will not tell him. He never wipes sill just goes up cleans & down. My mates had a lot of complaints & they are all top windows. I still spend a bit of time detailing & when I started 4 years ago I was getting about £300 a week. 4 years on & I'm still not that quick I get between £500-£600 a week not including Saturdays so you just have to be patient & it will come. Don't run before you can walk & don't skimp on the detailing & if yer prepared to put the hours in it will come. £60-£70 a day is good going.

thats what i have found with detailing i spend a bit too long detailing just making sure i get a nice clean dry edge .

You can never spend to long. Detailing is important & impresses the custy. Had many ask me what I'm doing.

Cheers for all your comments. I told the lady who wanted me to garden for her one day a week, that I could only do 3 hours max, so I do that every Thursday afternoon...or when its raining!, which is quite useful. I dont want too many distractions from my round though.

I know what you mean, I have a few jobs which involve garding, am still trying to find my feet with window clean so need to fill up time and get some extra cash, while am trying to build my round up.

Detailing is important. Never skimp on it. I gotta mate who took a mate on. My mate does bottoms other chap does tops. I've watched him and he does not detail. Just worries how quick he can get done & my mate wonders why he's losing work & will not tell him. He never wipes sill just goes up cleans & down. My mates had a lot of complaints & they are all top windows. I still spend a bit of time detailing & when I started 4 years ago I was getting about £300 a week. 4 years on & I'm still not that quick I get between £500-£600 a week not including Saturdays so you just have to be patient & it will come. Don't run before you can walk & don't skimp on the detailing & if yer prepared to put the hours in it will come. £60-£70 a day is good going.

thats what i have found with detailing i spend a bit too long detailing just making sure i get a nice clean dry edge .
Bugga me, £500-600 a week!

What size round do you have and how many hours a week are you working, if you don't mind me asking?

500-600 pound a week is very good money

Im guessing you must be doing over 100 pound per day in about 7/8 days work

70quid a day is good money, but 500-600 a week is easily achievable, thats only about, what 16/17 houses a day? for 4 maybe 5 days? when i work the established round with my old boss we do around 40 a day between us, obviously i dont get paid what i should as its not my round and im an employee, but i have a week in my own round that clears 500quid, just wish the other 3 weeks were like that 1!lol

Iv been doing it now about year n half but only changed to wfp before Xmas I averagedat 600-700 a week until recently but av now got my dad working with me so Iv got sum one who won't constantly let me down so I'm now pulling in around 800 mark n do 3 days a week

Iv been doing it now about year n half but only changed to wfp before Xmas I averagedat 600-700 a week until recently but av now got my dad working with me so Iv got sum one who won't constantly let me down so I'm now pulling in around 800 mark n do 3 days a week
There's always someone, somewhere who is going to be doing better than you. Don't worry about it. Just keep your head up and do what you need to do. If you are able to learn from them, all well and good, but don't get disheartened.

A lot of the approach to doing this job, especially if you work solo, is keeping your mind and thinking right. The way you are mentally can have a huge impact on how you do.

Notice that the thread was aimed at "traditional". Shaun1977 is now wfp with all the extra costs that you don't have with ladders etc. When I started in '96 I got going for about £300. I've spent a 5 figure sum in the last year going over to wfp.

tbh everyone is diffrant and

if i got 300-400 a week comeing in regularly id be over the moon

atm i aint anywhere near this but hopfully in time i will be

all in time imo cant wait but will have to antill i get there

Bugga me, £500-600 a week!

What size round do you have and how many hours a week are you working, if you don't mind me asking?

No not at all. If you think about it if you got 12 houses at £10 each they take roughly half hour a house which is 6 hours 8.30-14.30 plus hour for travelling & gossiping. 5 days a week. If I work after 3.30 the money I earn I put away for winter as during the winter you can only work till 3.30 do I don't cram more in just coz its summer otherwise you struggle in winter. Honestly once you get going & get a bit of speed your do it but it took me 3 years to get up to that. My round consists of 400 custys & I work on my own. Mind you with this weather not getting anywhere near that at the mo lol

Back