Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Akward Conservatory Roof

Parky

Tried to clean a roof very similar to this this week.

Conservatories (Sorry its the last picture on the link. Struggling to share a picture)

The problem I had was I didn't have a ladder (Back at home.) Tried using customer step ladders that had different lenght legs (Shaking like a shitting dog on em) and I was struggleing to clean it.

I'm going back with my own free standing ladder on Friday morning. The angle of the roof was lower that the one in the picture and it was a real bugger to rinse? Any advice?

Squeegee on a pole

Preferably a swivel type like wagtail or unger swiveloc to avoid having to move the ladder too much

Once clean use it to drag the water with all the bits in into the gutter then rinse as normal

Works for me anyhow

depending on how much **** and dirt on it i would 1) scrub it up with viro-sol then rinse down with garden hose from customers tap, then do a final rinse with pure. or 2) if not too dirty go with Daveyboy's suggestion. I have one house with x2 of these on the back and do them every 6 weeks so thier never too dirty, I use squeegee on pole and do straight pulls from ladders (i actually use 2 poles an long one for the furthest part and swap over to the short one for bit closest to me. I always do a final rinse with pure from the WFP to get rid of the stop/start squeegee marks.

If the customer has an outside tap i always use my hozelock to rectus connector i made to clean the whole lot with tapwater then connect to pure for final rinse

Can get a very high pressure using garden tap on my pole and rinse with a very high flow

I've done conny roofs while leaning out of a bedroom window before now :laugh:
Same here, taken back pack inside the room above the conny roof and away you go [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, taken back pack inside the room above the conny roof and away you go [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ran the hose up the stairs :rofl:. The woman's face was a picture, but she did suggest it in the first place /emoticons/biggrin.png

There are a few good things that you could do:

1. Get some brushes for the rods that are used for cleaning the conservatories. They are angled in a way so as to clean the slope on the roof.

2. You could do well with Jeyes Fluid. I've stumbled across this thing in many a forum and I guess it should work fine for you too.

3. Use steam cleaner followed by a hose down.

4. Use a car brush and then hose down - simple trick!

I have been in this field for quite some time now and work at dream conservatories online ltd. I have seen many times people calling up experts for this task and end up giving a hefty amount when really they can just use these simple tricks and get the job done at the expense of some time.

Just stick to regular cleaning and maintenance, that is all that's needed.

Hope it helps.

Latest Posts

Back