Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on cleaning this render

Trev81

Ok so I have recently took on 2 very large care homes on 4 weekly windows, a 90 bed and a 75 bed. The buildings have been unloved for 5 years been left empty since been built, some money issues with the development, anyhow the care firm that have now took this on want to clean it up, they have asked me about the cleaning of the render, huge job and not something I will prob end up doing, but what would be your approach to it and what would you use to clean it? I tried a small patch with Ubik 2000 and a WFP brush, let it dwell and scrubbed, but nothing came off.

I was thinking Hypo ? Would this be ok going on to the windows which are all white Upvc, just been cleaned up. Plant/garden wise nothing to worry about really.

View attachment 6715

Yep as taxloss said hypo mixed with something like baby shampoo to make it stick to the surface rather than running off quickly

I would test a area with a 1 hypo 3 parts water let it dwell then rinse off

Always try to get away with the weakest solution you need

I would rinse the hypo off with a wide jet nozzle I have a omni pole power pole so would be able to gently wash it off with little pressure from the ground

It would come up a treat

Pressure wash can streak easily especially with lance

Plus you don't want hypo blowing all over the town

No actually low pressure spread over a wider surface say on a 45 will be the perfect result

Low pressure if all the area is covered cannot streak streaking is usually a area cleaned less efficient than another

And by lance I mean a power pole not a lance made of fibre that bends like a banana on pressure

Hope this helps

Yep as taxloss said hypo mixed with something like baby shampoo to make it stick to the surface rather than running off quickly
How much shampoo do you mix in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back