Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my first one off

All Round Cleaning

Got my first one off clean in the morning its a 7 quid house if it was monthly so went in at 30 quid got the job and he even said he would pay me 40 quid for it .

So fingers crossed i am hoping to be done in 3 hrs max might try and push for 2 hrs no messing just get the job done .

Glass frames and sills . Im still finding my feet so i may be over estimating it a bit this is just a stepping stone to try snd find my feet .

Suppose if your getting £30 then 3 hours isn't bad.. Would you really scrub the frames? First cleans I would just wipe frames clean, soap glass, scrap If needed and always do sills

i wouldn't scrub as in a PVCu clean just a good clean but tbh I think the majority of it is just surface dust

so fingers crossed i should be quids in lol .

did you tell him it would normally be £7 a month? seems crazy someone would be prepared to pay 30/40quid for there windows being cleaned on a house that small?

GAV.B

allot of window cleaners clean frames and sills etc, but we dont purely for economic reasons as we feel people consider the price first, but regardless, a £7 on a first clean would take me about 15 mins tops. Even if I was to wipe down the frames I would think it wouldn't be any more than 20/25 mins to complete.

How many windows does the guy have?

I have taken taken on a couple of employees and remember when I first started it took me a while. Just cleaning the glass, how long does it take you to clean one average sized window, say two panes?

To be honest mate im still finding me feet so it took me 2 hrs to do but they were rammy as hell . But on the bright side he gave me an extra tip well buzzing 50 notes lol . Wud br great if more custies gave tips like that lol .

That is excellent well done. Like I say everyone takes a while to get up to speed, it is normally for it to take longer when you are just starting out. Get on to you tube and take a look and some squeegeeing videos to give you an idea of how long it should take, and just practice practice practice. I remember when I was just starting out I watched loads of videos on there that really helped me.

I think i got A cleaning bug now lol cant wait to get cracking on building a round up i'm really enjoying it i think from now on i will never work in a factory or for anyone else at that i love cleaning windows lol .

holy **** just finished a one off for £15, said I would do the frames with the WFP system. DID SHE MOAN, said the frames needed soap and a good scrub so she came out after I did them twice and started cleaning the frames with soap and water.....

I had to rince the windows a third time... and the frames... I did say to her she should do them more that once a year.

problem is now shes buggered it up for all my one offs because I will now start chargeing double or triple for one off's

i dont do one off's i havnt got the time and i dont like doing them got to be every 4 weeks or nothing.otherwise everybody else in the street will want it this way and i aint been known as a one off windy that they can just call.

I had a customer today come up a little abrupt, asking if we did the street round the counter, my lad replied

"aye". "How LONG have you been working there".

Then I pipped in, "I have been working there for 5 years, why?".

"How come I have never seen you there, I have lived there for two years" she replied.

"We are there one day a month for a few hours, you could easily miss us".

"I have flat round there I need them down as a one off".

"err, no sorry, I don't want to be late to my regular customers, our services is only offered on a monthly basis".

Off she went.

??????? i'm gonna see a job tomorrow that just wants a 1 off so its gonna be priced accordingly if they dont like the price its no skin off my nose , i charge at least x1.5 for 1st cleans so this is gonna be at least x3 there's nowt wrong with 1 offs as long as you price em right & i've got it wrong a few times but when you get it right TIDY

I had a customer today come up a little abrupt, asking if we did the street round the counter, my lad replied

"aye". "How LONG have you been working there".

Then I pipped in, "I have been working there for 5 years, why?".

"How come I have never seen you there, I have lived there for two years" she replied.

"We are there one day a month for a few hours, you could easily miss us".

"I have flat round there I need them down as a one off".

"err, no sorry, I don't want to be late to my regular customers, our services is only offered on a monthly basis".

Off she went.
too rite pal;)

spot on Simon.

I'm wondering if you are severely under pricing your regular work Gav, you made cracking money with that one off price, but a 7 quid regular price. can't see how can take 2 hours even if caked in it.

well done for getting that price tho. yes were 1.5 regular price for first clean if dirty. if someone wants one off its between 2 and 3 times, depending how bad.

spot on Simon.

I'm wondering if you are severely under pricing your regular work Gav, you made cracking money with that one off price, but a 7 quid regular price. can't see how can take 2 hours even if caked in it.

well done for getting that price tho. yes were 1.5 regular price for first clean if dirty. if someone wants one off its between 2 and 3 times, depending how bad.
LOL I have no regular work as yet as im still starting out lol but today i got a monthly customer 8 windows 6 quid but doubled up for first clean took me an hr and thats with a cuppa .

that was frames and all oh and sSwear word!ing of some paint that was on every window so i dont think that was too bad .

but im learning and i will get quicker as time goes by .

you will be ok in time gave i do 20 to 30 houses a day on my own on the ladders when i first started i was only hitting around 7:(taking too long you will fly them the more you do.

if someone is willing to pay that then so be it let them its only business.we do charge by the hour so whats it matter if we earn 10 or 40 a hour??

its up to you and the people willing to pay;)

I hate it wen setting a round up, clean the windows the theres at least one custie who comes out with um am not sure if i want them done every four weeks ill ring ya wen they need doing

Back