Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you have hobbies ?

David K

Hey fellow cleaners ! :thumbsup:

Been wondering what kind of hobbies you Got , beside the obvious , the forum ..

Personally i Like to go to the gym at hit weights , love shooting guns at the range /emoticons/biggrin.png ,and play the guitar , next goal is to become a licenced hunter. what about you ? ... /emoticons/smile.png

Sadly mine is now just window cleaning, the past 15 years have been in a cultural flute band but taking a year out due to buying my first home

I've been a workaholic for the past 5 years or so, and made a resolution to enjoy myself a bit more and get fit again. So this year i took up judo, and got my lad into it too. But thats only 1 night a week, so I also took up brazilian jiu jitsu to compliment it. Absolutely hooked on the jujitsu. So I'm training about 5 nights a week, everything hurts but I love it.

This is jiujitsu in action..

[media]

[/media]

I've been a workaholic for the past 5 years or so, and made a resolution to enjoy myself a bit more and get fit again. So this year i took up judo, and got my lad into it too. But thats only 1 night a week, so I also took up brazilian jiu jitsu to compliment it. Absolutely hooked on the jujitsu. So I'm training about 5 nights a week, everything hurts but I love it.This is jiujitsu in action..

[media]

Looks great mate ! Your custys better not cross you huh !? :rofl:

I've been a workaholic for the past 5 years or so, and made a resolution to enjoy myself a bit more and get fit again. So this year i took up judo, and got my lad into it too. But thats only 1 night a week, so I also took up brazilian jiu jitsu to compliment it. Absolutely hooked on the jujitsu. So I'm training about 5 nights a week, everything hurts but I love it.This is jiujitsu in action..

[media]

Judo and bjj is an awesome combo mate

Throw in some krav maga and you'll be a walking weapon

Actually that would be a good mix

Krav is great for getting someone down and bjj is awesome on the ground

Krav we try to end it when they go down by making sure they go down hard and then leave the scene

I really need to start going back again as i keep going back then stopping due to the 25 minute drive each way and cannae be arsed after working all day

When i stop i really miss it

Looks great mate ! Your custys better not cross you huh !? :rofl:

Judo and bjj is an awesome combo mateThrow in some krav maga and you'll be a walking weapon

Actually that would be a good mix

Krav is great for getting someone down and bjj is awesome on the ground

Krav we try to end it when they go down by making sure they go down hard and then leave the scene

I really need to start going back again as i keep going back then stopping due to the 25 minute drive each way and cannae be arsed after working all day

When i stop i really miss it
Yep, things would hae to get pretty bad for it to get where i am rolling aroud on the floor with someone, but it is reassuring to have an idea if what to do. Two horrible fight scenes that always come to mind are the one in saving private ryan, and the mandingo fight in django. Its an important skill to know in what is getting an increasingly dangerous world.

daveeyboy, why not just find a local club near you, judo clubs are everywhere, or even just mma?

If you look up urban krav maga you will find a few good vids from the london setup i used to go to before i moved

Look for hydra in north london or darren selley in south london

Some very good techniques

Especially if you look for stand up fight finisher

Yep, things would hae to get pretty bad for it to get where i am rolling aroud on the floor with someone, but it is reassuring to have an idea if what to do. Two horrible fight scenes that always come to mind are the one in saving private ryan, and the mandingo fight in django. Its an important skill to know in what is getting an increasingly dangerous world.
daveeyboy, why not just find a local club near you, judo clubs are everywhere, or even just mma?
Because i like krav maga not the other ones

Not far really 25 minutes..I'm just lazy lol

I have been tempted as i love my boxing anyway

Did it most of my life

The thing with krav is it isn't as physically demanding as boxing or thai boxing

But saying that it could doe a favour as i have been hitting the weights again and bulked up a little and could do with getting back into what i call fighting shape

I aam getting a bit of a belly on me now from eating a lot of protein and weights

I used to love my boxing physique of 12.5 -13 stone with no fat whatsoever

This is what i mean about effective in real life situations

Just not as physically demanding as most other systems

[media]

[/media]

This is my current rifle

Legal limit here is 12 ft/lb

Mine is running at 47 ft/lb at the moment due to some adjustments to the gas regulator

Had to get a firearms certificate years ago from the police to fire overpowered weapons and .22 rimfire

This is an awesome rifle for an air rifle

Stealth - Gunpower | Serious airguns for the serious shooter

I have an old school whitetail classic scope and huge lamp mounted on top for shooting rabbits

done alot of karate in the past with a little judo enjoyed them both

did go on a course for thai boxing must say different league all together master sken

was taking the course trained with alot of top guys from the karate but master sken was the top man

he done things what i,ve never seen before.Dont train any more but traveled to many karate clubs

and totally loved it great memories

Back