Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David K

Do you have hobbies ?

Duncs
My son made it to the one before brown belt before he gave it up (can't remember the colour)

I have taught him to box but he doesn't seem interested anymore

At least i know he can defend himself if in a situation

I would rather he trained properly with me though to keep my mind at ease

6'3" 14 stone rugby playing 15 year old with no fat on him would be unstoppable with a bit of martial arts training

could well be purple belt depending on style, sounds that he could handle himself anyway

if you have taught him to box davey it is always there

its always a worry with all these doylums around

David K
This is my current rifle

Legal limit here is 12 ft/lb

Mine is running at 47 ft/lb at the moment due to some adjustments to the gas regulator

Had to get a firearms certificate years ago from the police to fire overpowered weapons and .22 rimfire

This is an awesome rifle for an air rifle

Stealth - Gunpower | Serious airguns for the serious shooter

I have an old school whitetail classic scope and huge lamp mounted on top for shooting rabbits

nice rifle there ! :thumbsup: At the moment im without guns , but had a sig Sauer P220 9mm and a Armenius revolver 22 . Cal . Im in the market for a colt 911 or a glock 17. 9 mm . When i get my licence to Hunt im looking for a colt rifle 22 cal . With silencer , Like the AR 15 , my brother just bought one :D

TolishAPurd
nice rifle there ! :thumbsup: At the moment im without guns , but had a sig Sauer P220 9mm and a Armenius revolver 22 . Cal . Im in the market for a colt 911 or a glock 17. 9 mm . When i get my licence to Hunt im looking for a colt rifle 22 cal . With silencer , Like the AR 15 , my brother just bought one :D

Thats cool. We're not allowed handguns over here anymore since some bellend went and shot a load of kids at a school.

Guest boarcity

my 5915ca8cef638_collection001.JPG.00f5b3cb770538526f2d8b464e9f56c1.JPG tarantula/bug collection

Dave B
I have been tempted as i love my boxing anyway

Did it most of my life

The thing with krav is it isn't as physically demanding as boxing or thai boxing

But saying that it could doe a favour as i have been hitting the weights again and bulked up a little and could do with getting back into what i call fighting shape

I aam getting a bit of a belly on me now from eating a lot of protein and weights

I used to love my boxing physique of 12.5 -13 stone with no fat whatsoever

I can't work out properly at the moment anyway

Had a busy day yesterday and somehow managed to pull my groin

Was fine yesterday and woke up in agony this morning with groin strain and it is extremely painfull to walk

Guest Solarpanelcleanington

Guitaring

Drinking

Firemaning

Guest boarcity
I had some imperial scorpions when i was young

Nice @boarcity

what became of them ? my collections set up in the bedroom for the winter-missus isnt happy bout this-tho still thinks theres only the one spider . thing is these critters are real escape artists, most nights one or other is prying its lid. "medically significant bite" is a phrase i keep reading when browsing the tarantula sales pages on the net

steve garwood

Motorbikes, dart team (had a 158 checkout Wednesday, get in!) Millwall (3-0 today, get in!) hefty drinking, vindaloos and being a stunning ginger ;)

Dave B

My scorpions went to a friend in the end

Then i got 2 rats for years

Used to run loose in the house but still only go to toilet in their cage

Wife hated them

I would go out in the garden for a smoke with them sitting on my shoulders and they were huge

One was the size of my foot without it's tail

SPCleaning

I shoot air rifles. Mostly in competitions. Hunter Field Target, 20 yrd Bench Rest and Lightweight Sports Rifle (Standing unsupported).

Dave B

I used to do shooting competitions

With the reserves we did a shooting comp in one of the supports for a bridge over the thames..i forget which one

All kitted out as a proper range

Used an old martini .22 bolt action rifle and out of 10 shots (2 in each ringed numbered target) scored 97 out of a possible hundred

I love shooting

Have fired all sorts of weapons

Old lee enfield

Sa80

Browning pistol

Slr

Sa80

Gpmg

Shotguns

Various air rifles and pistols

SPCleaning

I started out as a lad with air rifles, then a 410, moving up to 12 gauge. I too have used many weapons whilst serving in the army. Although SA80, LSW, and Glock pistols were what I used most. Now I have gone full circle back to Air Rifles again. Only they cost loads more these days.

Dave B

My stealth with scope and lamp is worth about £800 quid

Not cheap nowadays

Beccy

Kite surfing, not that I get much chance to do it these days.

e8bef3173724f61c37c38d70e452de1d.jpg

SPCleaning
My stealth with scope and lamp is worth about £800 quid

Not cheap nowadays

My Scorpion outfit is worth about £700. The Stealth is an impressive looking rifle.

Dave B

I used to climb and abseil as a youngun but that was a few years and a few stone ago lol

Dave B
My Scorpion outfit is worth about £700. The Stealth is an impressive looking rifle.

It's been around a long time now

I got a stealth around 14 years ago then sold it then ended up buying another about 5 years ago

The barrel is incomplete without the silencer and sounds like a shotgun without it on

Dead quiet in normal use

Dave B

There are 2 gun shops near enough to be usefull to me

One is on cat hill in barnet and is owned by an ex police officer and he is so helpfull it's brilliant

The one in letchworth near me is a stroppy bugger but is 10 minutes away

SPCleaning

I have to drive to a decent shop but it is always worth the drive.

Shooting in any form seems to be met with anti feeling these days. I tend not to mention it too often, so its always nice to come across a fellow shooter.

Alien Human

Watching Impractical Jokers, reading Peter James novels, sea swimming and eating popcorn.

Dave B

Shooting does seem to be frowned upon

I shoot and hunt and don't care what the vegetableists think

I happily hunt rabbit, pheasant etc

Wood pidgeon is nice

Too many wusses about nowadays

I will not however tolerate hunting for sport rather than for the table

If you kill it you better be eating it

That to me is more humane than how the meat we buy from the supermarket has been treated

SPCleaning
Shooting does seem to be frowned upon

I shoot and hunt and don't care what the vegetableists think

I happily hunt rabbit, pheasant etc

Wood pidgeon is nice

Too many wusses about nowadays

I will not however tolerate hunting for sport rather than for the table

If you kill it you better be eating it

That to me is more humane than how the meat we buy from the supermarket has been treated

I too hunt for the pot. I am a country boy and know how to live off the land.

TolishAPurd

I've got a 22 bsa lightning xl, but never found anywhere to legally shoot it. This summer I might start picking off pidgeons in the garden, but they too will be for the pot.

Dave B

There are a lot of places you can legally shoot air rifles if you look about

As long as you are a good distance from roads and public footpaths

Loads of countryside near you tolish or just go to impingham and take potshots at the idiot cyclists

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.