Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David K

Do you have hobbies ?

SPCleaning

You are entitled to your opinion @Green Pro Clean Ltd

Guns are wrong. If you have a different opinion then you are wrong. End of.

But telling me I am wrong is out of order.

Dave B

Guns are wrong so lets go fight our enemies in Afghanistan with catapults and harsh language.

They have their place as does anything else.

Some of us were taught to use weapons in defence of our country and were willing to give our lives for this country if it came to it.

You cannot now say those same people are not responsible enough to handle a firearm now they are not in the forces.

I have fired literally thousands and thousands of rounds through a gpmg (general purpose machine gun) whilst training with one so i reckon i know how to be responsible

Alien Human
yeh,it was £7 ,then it was about the size of my little finger nail. 4 months later its 3 inches. i read they get 8 or 9 inches in 3 yrs. its called a singapore blue . www.thespidershop.co.uk

So you literally buy a spider on the internet and they post it to you?

That's impressive :)

steve garwood
[ATTACH=full]9679[/ATTACH] Jumping in this old thing with my better half....nice blat through the countryside, pub lunches and maybe a stroll around a National Trust place.

I like to fly past sports cars on this ;)WP_20150914_15_03_03_Pro.jpg.5d5fe523443a3647df67e5759c6db895.jpg

Max

I work part-time as a ski-instructor on an indoor snow dome in the Hemel layers in snowy Hertfordshire. I get a free beer after my 2 hour lessons and get paid an extra 30 mins to drink it and talk to my students. It's a hard life in the mountains as they say!

Dave B

I have been there

My son goes to the xc sometimes with his bmx which is nearby

I prefer milton Keynes though as i meet my mate from Wolverhampton there as it's in the middle

Alien Human
I like to fly past sports cars on this ;)[ATTACH=full]9680[/ATTACH]

Is that an Arsenal emblem between the steering bars Steve?

;)

TolishAPurd
There are a lot of places you can legally shoot air rifles if you look about

As long as you are a good distance from roads and public footpaths

Loads of countryside near you tolish or just go to impingham and take potshots at the idiot cyclists

But you can't shoot on other people's land without permission can you?

Dave B

You can shoot on common land if a certain distance away from roads and buildings etc

I can't remember the distances..i always say if i can't possibly hit the road from where i am it is far enough

You must make sure with an air rifle it is unmodified so within the legal limits or you can be prosecuted the same as having an unlicensed shotgun which most people don't realise

TolishAPurd

Not a lot of common land about these days is there, but didn't know you could shoot on it. I'll see if I can find some locally.

Guest boarcity
So you literally buy a spider on the internet and they post it to you?

That's impressive :)

yes,it is impressive ! [spiders all wrapped up]

Guns are wrong so lets go fight our enemies in Afghanistan with catapults and harsh language.

They have their place as does anything else.

Some of us were taught to use weapons in defence of our country and were willing to give our lives for this country if it came to it.

You cannot now say those same people are not responsible enough to handle a firearm now they are not in the forces.

I have fired literally thousands and thousands of rounds through a gpmg (general purpose machine gun) whilst training with one so i reckon i know how to be responsible

back in my teens a mates brother had a Luger that he used to fire at goods trains as they passed thru the village.

adamangler

I did have plenty of hobbies a couple of years ago but since getting into being self employed theyve all gone by the wayside i seem to spend most of my time thinking about cleaning windows or associated tasks.

Fishing, cycling, shooting, recording music, martail arts have all fallen by the wayside, hopefully as i become more established it will settle down and i will get more spare time

Guest boarcity

shooting by urbanites is where the problem starts .it easily escalates if you have no good reason to own one

i can say that as when in my late teens i had an airrifle and was the classic dangerous nuisance,firing at passersby and family members out of boredom. fate stepped in tho as the trigger mount broke one day and this meant the rifle fired if you so much as looked at it- so luckily that was the end of it

adamangler

Air rifles are dangerous in the wrong hands, like you boar i had a similar youth, my mate shot his brother in the face with a bb gun and missed his eye by a few mm, another lad thought it was funny to take pot shots at us as we ran for cover, someone got shot in the arse i think. Mind you we used to get fireworks and make rocket launchers out of drain pipes and fire them at each other, proper little ba**ards when we were kids.

I shoot air rifles to this day, but its target shooting and range based competition. Still nice to take a cheeky pot shot at a bird in the back garden.

Danfire
Please don't tell me your one of them 30mph drivers that take to the coast on a Sunday for a cone of chips and ice cream, nothing worse getting stuck behind Sunday drivers lol

No chance...I should really invest in a roll cage.

Clisty1989

I used to love shooting but Mrs won't allow me to get an air rifle due to the kids. used to shoot competitively with the army shooting at Bisley and a few abroad. now my hobbies are whatever the kids wanna do and reading

steve garwood
Hobbies & addiction [ATTACH=full]9699[/ATTACH]

Nice one posh. We cant all be glory hunters. We support our local teams even though its league one football. :thumbsup:

David K

Thanks for all the responce guys !

Interesting to know what youre all up to Off -duty :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alien Human

Just thought of another hobby........

Ditching sh!t customers and telling them honestly why I'm no longer prepared to clean their windows regardless of how much the clean is worth.

Getting quite good at it this week and it's turning out to be fun :)

Duncs

its gd feeling pulling out that red card

some folk are so anoying

do they not forget we are doing them the favour

mrtaytay

Walking, gardening, home brewing, shagging and going to the footy ( season ticket holder at Derby......its been a proper shite season!).

Markyboy 50
Walking, gardening, home brewing, shagging and going to the footy ( season ticket holder at Derby......its been a proper shite season!).

Is shagging a hobby? If so it's my main one!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.