Christian Eley

Is it possible to fix a blown window pane?

Christian Eley

title says it really? Was just wondering is it possible to provide a service to unblow Windows for people.

steve garwood

Its more difficult to fix a blown unit than replace it. They are sealed together, filled with argon gas and hermetically sealed

Mark H

They are easy to replace, should cost about £25 m2 plain K glass.

Been doing this about 25yrs.

steve garwood
title says it really? Was just wondering is it possible to provide a service to unblow Windows for people.

Yes its possible to provide a service replacing blown units. I used to be a window fitter and as long as you know how to measure up without taking out the blown unit , its a piece of doddle :thumbsup:

steve garwood

You also have to know how to line up the lead work, know the width of the spacer bar (the gap between the pieces of glass), to put the beading back in the right order etc etc

padman

And not crack the new piece when banging the plastic back in :-(

steve garwood
And not crack the new piece when banging the plastic back in :-(

Lol.yeh, even experienced window fitters (me included) have done that. Getting the vertical beading (the plastic or alley strips that hold the glass in) can be a pig. Its a case of gentle taps with a rubber mallet

Guest Solarpanelcleanington

I just peel the beading back and wack a new bit of glass in. Cowboy builders inc.

Oddly, some older upvc frames allow the beading to be removed from the outside. You can be in pretty quick like.

TolishAPurd
Its more difficult to fix a blown unit than replace it. They are sealed together, filled with argon gas and hermetically sealed

Just like my Mrs knickers. :D

peter rogers

I refer that sort thing on. One street some cunt kid went nuts with pellet gun one window a house target practice

He took the glass out brought it to the factory they split it and. He saves money