Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it possible to fix a blown window pane?

C

Christian Eley

title says it really? Was just wondering is it possible to provide a service to unblow Windows for people.

title says it really? Was just wondering is it possible to provide a service to unblow Windows for people.
Yes its possible to provide a service replacing blown units. I used to be a window fitter and as long as you know how to measure up without taking out the blown unit , its a piece of doddle :thumbsup:

You also have to know how to line up the lead work, know the width of the spacer bar (the gap between the pieces of glass), to put the beading back in the right order etc etc

And not crack the new piece when banging the plastic back in :-(
Lol.yeh, even experienced window fitters (me included) have done that. Getting the vertical beading (the plastic or alley strips that hold the glass in) can be a pig. Its a case of gentle taps with a rubber mallet

I just peel the beading back and wack a new bit of glass in. Cowboy builders inc.

Oddly, some older upvc frames allow the beading to be removed from the outside. You can be in pretty quick like.

I refer that sort thing on. One street some **** kid went nuts with pellet gun one window a house target practice

He took the glass out brought it to the factory they split it and. He saves money

Back