Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Elbow joints!

Clearview Lee

Is anyone else experiencing elbow joint problems??

Mine seems to be feeling arthritic or some kind of rheumatism going on. I really feel it most when I've been using the pole at 30+ft, and after the rinsing stage where the pole is used for leverage and puts pressure on the arm/elbow joint.

I'm sure I'm not alone here. Anyone use a brace??

Cheers!

My shoulders can sometimes give it some but that tends to be due to technique e.g bit standing far enough back.

Haven't had elbow joints yet but I recently went to see an osteopath who worked wonders on the joints & muscles in my hip. She said it's vert common at this time of year for cold and wet in get 'into our bones' and cause some discomfort.

Just give surgery or a local osteopath a cal in the morning bud.

I am suffering with sciatica down the whole length of my leg and was only doing windows wfp on friday

Nothing else could have triggered it off

I have had sore elbows though

Usually when it is cold

It is easy to get tennis/golfers elbow symptoms from stick waggling

Try stretching before your days work

Plenty of simple stretches online to avoid that

As with anything repetitive, you need to nip it in the bud early or it can get worse. Change the way you work for a week of two, or just take a holiday.

Tennis elbow or something matey, I have had and what helped was the elbow supports you can get it just a bandage, just put on whilst your working, got used to it, took a while to get over but feels like growing pains if you remember what that was like, support is the way forward [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've had tennis elbow as a direct result of WFP work. It lasted 12 months and was very painful at times.

I would advise you to asses how you hold your pole, you may be surprised at how much you over-grip- which seems a natural thing to do for most users. Really lighten up on the grip and you may find some improvement.

I had golfers elbow (the inside rather than outside edge of your elbow joint) and it was all down to over extending my arm with cold stiff muscles

Stretches daily was part of my physio for weeks

They really do help

i feel pain all down my left arm most days and can go over to chest not painful but just a nagging pain

i,m sure dropping weekend work would help, but unfortunatly i,m a greedy **** and canny let igo:rofl:

I have a support (wrap around strap with velcro) for rugby which is designed for elbow support but it goes on the forearm about an inch below the elbow

You pull it tight and it supports the muscles which get damaged

They are the best ones to use

Tennis elbow or something matey, I have had and what helped was the elbow supports you can get it just a bandage, just put on whilst your working, got used to it, took a while to get over but feels like growing pains if you remember what that was like, support is the way forward [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Bought a support mate! I'll see how that goes.

Thanks you lot!

Always great to hear feedback. Seems like tennis elbow judging by your replies.

I know what's causing it, as I can feel it doing the damage at the time - it's when I'm pulling the brush away from the window to rinse off at 4 floors. Holding the pole close enough to the window to rinse, but so the brush doesn't make contact with the glass, so you got that balancing thing going on, so is soooo tight in the elbow joint.

I've bought a support, so see how that goes on next 30+ ft job.

Thanks again!

with me it's my wrist, after a full days work tradding it feels really sore when I move it, think it's RSI but ibuprofen and strapping it up only takes the edge off, then after a day or 2 rest it's fine again

Theres no way you should be rinsing off at that height. Rinse on, high flow, mono brush.

Tony

My legs get very sore and knees, when I wake up in the morning it's worst, iv seen me on the weekends going shopping or something and it feels like iv had my f*ck kicked in, going to try knee bandages

My legs get very sore and knees, when I wake up in the morning it's worst, iv seen me on the weekends going shopping or something and it feels like iv had my f*ck kicked in, going to try knee bandages
i wear knee supports all the time helps loads

just bought the cheap ones from sports direct

i wear knee supports all the time helps loadsjust bought the cheap ones from sports direct
I'm only 25 I dread to see what I'll be like when I'm 40, that's good to no they help

I am full of aches and pains

Back

Knee

Shoulder

Elbows

Sciatica

Just have to crack on or I'll end up being taken outside and shot

Like an old horse I'll be dog food and glue

I'm only 25 I dread to see what I'll be like when I'm 40, that's good to no they help
Trust me, 40 soon comes around, mate. Only 15 years away. Nip it in the bud as someone said earlier. The elbow and wrist supports are great too!

Used my elbow one for the first time yesterday. Very good. From Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am full of aches and painsBack

Knee

Shoulder

Elbows

Sciatica

Just have to crack on or I'll end up being taken outside and shot

Like an old horse I'll be dog food and glue
Hahaha...there's no escaping the death process is there! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] There's a nice new morbid thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back