Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

1st day off with rain for a bit now & i'm bored sick already any one any ideas of what to do - i may go canvassing this aft

yeh i cant complain really though the rest of the country seems to have had it worse than us up here lately, its just i had a long weekend in london then i had to spend most of last week in scotland so i'm well behind & like a berk i did 4hrs of insides yesterday lol

Why don't you lads work in the rain?? I do, only get the odd one here and there that doesn't want them done. /emoticons/smile.png

i do if its drizzle or if i'm already out when it starts but its well heavy today & i wear glasses so i end up steamed up & blind lol

light rain yeah, but if its chucking it no. I used to really hate trying to make the decision of weather to go out or not. Now I just carry on in light rain, if its forecasted for showers, I will sit them out in the van if they are not too frequent, but if its down to be raining all day, I just take the day off.

It comes down to my own moral and my lads moral, I know some window cleaners that are out in all weathers, heavy rain and high winds, but personally I wouldn't take a risk. I know one that's staff pack it in all the time, they have a very quick staff turnaround and are always running late.

I would rather have staff stick it out and have experienced staff.

Back