Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

D.I.Y websites using drag'n drop

Max

Has anyone used the d.i.y websites like Weebly etc. I am looking for a basic website with my own domain name and as i'm in my first year I just want to dip my toe into the water with a website address I could put onto flyers etc. I understand that the coding and the tech side is not the best at getting high rankings, but i thought I could review that after my first year. Weebly seems to be idiot proof but not sure if i could add a payments page if people want to pay on-line. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

I used 1&1 which was simple enough but I have now changed and have @Gav managing my website for me. In the first week since he took over I went from page 2 Google results to page 1 and moving on up. I went from 1 - 2 calls a month from my site to 4 - 5 per week.

All for £10 per month, I know you say you are in your first year but I still advise that have a chat with @Gav as even if it only gets you 1 new customer per week it has paid for itself 4 times over.

Best part is I no longer spend hours trying to improve a web site I don't understand. /emoticons/smile.png)

I use Yola and my site produces a constant flow of enquiries. Even though it says that ' not taking new clients at this time on' the 'Contact us' form.

If you do use a produced one, get someone like @Gav who you know, to do it as you can get really ripped off, as I found to my expense.

yes,i too am forever hearing rip-off stories re websites from other windies . these range from hidden charges [yell] to downright friggin orrible 1 man band sitemakers who cant be bothered to update your site and refuse point blank to let you move your domain name from their grip .

Thanks for your advice, I will speak to Gav before I commit to Weebly. Looking at adamangler's website that would be the type of website I could do with and be able to update and change myself, but the Green Pro Clean website is top notch and at £10 a month does seem to be a good route to take.

yes,i too am forever hearing rip-off stories re websites from other windies . these range from hidden charges [yell] to downright friggin orrible 1 man band sitemakers who cant be bothered to update your site and refuse point blank to let you move your domain name from their grip .
Not sure where you're forever hearing that cos on all the forums and pages I'm on I don't. Besides Gav, myself and Nat are all one man bands and we aren't like that.

I have had good recommendations for you @Dodger from a couple of people so i know you are good at what you do

Nat also

Not sure where you're forever hearing that cos on all the forums and pages I'm on I don't. Besides Gav, myself and Nat are all one man bands and we aren't like that.
by private message iv heard the word ,i keep my ear to the ground

I suppose like all businesses you have some people with bad work ethics who let the rest of us down

Same as bad stick wagglers and tradders who tar us all with the same brush

Back