Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cleaning and pricing conservatory roofs?

slippy

Did this conservatory tomorrow, how much should I charge? I only charged £15 (for roof only) took about 45-60 minutes. They definitely wouldn't have paid £30.View attachment 6831 I used my normal brush I use for windows, is that ok or will it dirty it up too much for the windows afterwards? With the moss and green stuff up there. Used an A-Frame ladder for two of the sides.

Also, how do you clean a roof? I plugged into their tap and used tap water to get all the big **** off then finished with pure- right way?

£15 for 60 mins? If that's more than you earn on the windows then you priced it correctly. If it's less, then you priced it incorrectly.

I would have charged around £65 up to and including external guttering.

If your based down South I'll be happy to sub them out for you at £15 a pop :)

Definitely use the customers tap if can so you save your pure water.

I use a different brush when I clean a conservatory roof but that's only because I find it better suited to the job. You can always rinse your brush under a tap before you clean the windows if your brush is a bit dirty.

When I clean a conservatory roof I give it a good spray with ubik/virosol as soon as I get there and that gives it a chance to start working while I'm getting the rest of my gear off my van.

As far as pricing goes, it depends on what area you're in, how much you want to earn etc. I could easily charge £40 for that round my way. If the customer wasn't prepared to pay £40 then I'd rather not do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

would of been about £40-£50. depends how bad it was.

pre treat with chemicals and then we use our hot pure water system, takes no time at all to do them.

£15 for 60 mins? If that's more than you earn on the windows then you priced it correctly. If it's less, then you priced it incorrectly.
I would have charged around £65 up to and including external guttering.

If your based down South I'll be happy to sub them out for you at £15 a pop /emoticons/smile.png

Just to add don't be scared to ask for a good price for this type of work. Remember YOU are the one with the experience and expertise in cleaning them - they are not and it's highly unlikely they can clean it to the level you can.

It's vital you sell yourself and don't focus on price.

Incidentally, how do you know they wouldn't have gone above £30? Never assume - quote your price and that's it. No negotiating, the price is the price, you have plenty of others already booked in etc.

Remember they will have paid several thousand pounds to have the conservatory built so why would they not spend £60+ once a year to maintain it? Small price to pay.

Work on your sales, remember you are not ripping them off, you are providing a professional service (and probably saving them a days work if they attempted it themselves).

I get stacks at £60 plus and personally know others who do too at much bigger prices than me.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Min charge of £40 for a conny roof, its only ever £40 if its small and not that dirty or a small brown upvc one.

Most I do are upwards of £65 to over £250 for very large glass ones inside & out valets.

Don't sell yourself cheap, if you can get them mint then you need to charge for that, these things cost alot of money and good customers have no issue paying a decent price to have them put back to near new condition.

If they wont pay more than £15 then just move along and let them get some uninsured dosser in to do it, or attempt it themselves.

That roof be 65 quid To cheap mate. Even at 30. As they wudnt pay that much

That sort of thing is why u get hired because they can't do it

They definitely wouldn't have paid £30.
If you take your van for a service and the Mechanic says £150 and you say 'I aint paying that much' What do you think happens?

A = Mechanic says 'OK make it £20'

B = Your van don't get serviced?

I give a price I want for doing the job..... I do not care at all what the customer WANTS to pay that's their issue.

If they don't want to pay what I am asking then they don't have to have my service. I will still sleep ok tonight.

If you are interested in time travel, meet me here at four o clock last Thursday:D
I turned up, but you wasn't there, do I need to go forward to tomorrow then go back to last Thursday?

If you take your van for a service and the Mechanic says £150 and you say 'I aint paying that much' What do you think happens?
A = Mechanic says 'OK make it £20'

B = Your van don't get serviced?

I give a price I want for doing the job..... I do not care at all what the customer WANTS to pay that's their issue.

If they don't want to pay what I am asking then they don't have to have my service. I will still sleep ok tonight.

Precisely

For the roof only i would charge £30 for that if it was a current custy, if not probably £40-£50 depending how far away it was. Usually takes an hour at most, sometimes a lot quicker.

Back