Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Stingray Review

Not so much no. If you leave the glass soaking it can still dry ok. If technique is good. Only used it 9/10 times tho.

It is a quality tool

I have used Damo's one and it is excellent

I have yet to do a really minging job with one yet but in 2 weeks time will.be able to give my proper verdict

If that works out well i can see me never tradding insides again

Been thinking about that Dave.

How about diluting the cleaner in a bucket and using the older pad system as well.

I will be in the van watching anyway. So use what you want /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah thats the fluid that is used in the machine. I did a test panel and tbh i was shocked at the results. I am looking forward to the job now.

I just need to keep Dave and the owner talking to each other :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably only use it on the 1 big commercial job I have , but all it needs to do is take off the odd fingerprints the rest is dust

Low level trad windows i can't see it being quicker at all tbh. I am sure it will slow you up. But the odd sky light, conny roof etc. It's gonna be ideal i think!

I always have tradded insides but after using this i think that may be a thing of the past

No mess

No faffing about with water in someones house

Lovely

I also have one of these, TBH I see it as a good maintenance tool on regular internals however recently tried it on a interior conservatory roof and found it not all that.

I do not see it as a tool for tough first cleans but as said earlier as a tool for regular maintenance work.

It will be fine on inside conny roofs etc

Just need enough pads to keep you going then wash them all after

Just factor in the price of fluid into the quote and gradually stock up on pads

It will be fine on inside conny roofs etcJust need enough pads to keep you going then wash them all after

Just factor in the price of fluid into the quote and gradually stock up on pads
Total waste. Internal conny roofs can get well ingrained with crud. I am not speculating Davey I am talking about a personal experience. I did half the roof with the stingray and the other half with applicator amd blade. It was 3 times faster with applicator and blade. Just a fact.

Conny internal roofs are the one part of the job I hate. No way I am going to spend a second longer on them than needed.

This tool has it's place but it has no place on the inside of a conny roof. Once you have been there I am sure you will concur.

I will be getting the karcher for internal conny roffs in future as the applicator and Karcher method looks the quickest I have seen to date.

Of course as always just opinion ( but in this case opinion of someone that has used it in that situation.) /emoticons/smile.png

I have been there on Friday and doing a big one in 2 weeks and glad to be able to use it rather than squeegee etc

Each to their own and all that but i like it

Latest Posts

Back