Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VW Caddy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

Thinking of getting a vw caddy c20 and putting an upright 400 lt tank in it. Got the RO in the garage so only need a pump, controller, battery and reels.

Anyone got one? is it big enough?

Also the van I've seen is lined with ply, should I strip it out and paint with

Protectakote, should I varnish the ply or not bother? I've been told pure water rusts metal quickly so I need to protect the inside of the van, true or false??

Yeah I got the floor done when I get the system put in, some off the lads on this site have done it themselfs I'll check them measure out for you

Also the van I've seen is lined with ply, should I strip it out and paint with Protectakote, should I varnish the ply or not bother? I've been told pure water rusts metal quickly so I need to protect the inside of the van, true or false??
Yes strip the floor ply out and give the floor a ruff up with sandpaper to get rid of the shine, clean it then apply two coats of protectocoat

What are those measurements for paddy?

the 400lt tank I'm getting is 1000 tall 1240 wide and 345 deep, your measurements are for a 1000lt tank or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

No that was my system so here is measurements of the inside of the back of the van, floor-roof 1100, front-back 1500, side-side is 1200 but behind the seats where I think is the best place for its 1500 side-side because u lose 300 at the back of the van with the two wheel arches, will fit no bother

Yeah but I got it done for me, you will have leaks and spills ie refilling the tank ect, I refill from a tank at home and sometimes forget it running lol, but the next van I think I do it myself

Is there anything cheaper but as good as protectercoat? Just curious as I've seen the prices 60+ but I can definitely see its worth it if it's the best product to use

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Quite a few people on here have used a bitumen paint from screwfix including myself. £20 a tin and does the job

I got a 650L tank in my Caddy Maxi no problem, One big problem I had was the cab getting waterlogged, any leak in the back finds its way into the footwells then its a right sod to dry out,that apart had it 4 years never missed a beat just service items I needed to change the Ignition barrel and that was a right farce as they cut you a new barrel not the key and want 75 different proofs of ownership etc.

Caddys are a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for.

I got a 650L tank in my Caddy Maxi no problem, One big problem I had was the cab getting waterlogged, any leak in the back finds its way into the footwells then its a right sod to dry out,that apart had it 4 years never missed a beat just service items I needed to change the Ignition barrel and that was a right farce as they cut you a new barrel not the key and want 75 different proofs of ownership etc.Caddys are a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for.

Hi Phillip, Im using a caddy maxi & have put a pond liner in under the tank the full length & width of the rear van floor- No worries about leaks in footwells etc. Give it a shot if you get fed up of draining the footwells.

Back